Saturday, March 20, 2010

Asahan adventure....

As far as I could remember, Mdm.Chin, Ivy's mom had always invited the commanders and my family for fruit fest in her Asahan home. Somehow, every time, plans are made, they would get derailed by some matters which would come up to hinder our trip there. So, when chance upon the opportunity to look for a camp site in Asahan and an offer of a camp site there, I guess, I simply wouldn't want to miss that opportunity. Moreover, the gracious invitation by Mdm.Chin was a little hard to resist because she has always been nice to all of us and I love her genuine motherly love she had for all of us - the commanders . Afterall, all of her children had been a Royal Rangers boy or girl and her support was indeed tremendous. Together with Errol, SLing, SYuen, Ivy , Mdm.Chin and myself, we left from Melaka and headed towards Asahan.
Along the way, we really had a good time of sharing jokes, laughter and great talking time. Cruising along the new highway to Asahan , we were met with rows and rows of oil palm trees and plantations. Before long, we ended up at Mdm.Chim eldest sister place and we were then shown the place to our camp site. However, we were told that the family had turned the place into a swiflet home and we were there to enjoy the durians. Wow, it was such a big site and there were numerous durian trees amidst the oil palm trees.It was a bungalow in the midst of an orchard but it had been turned into a bird house. Well, we were not dissapointed and we were very appreciative of the great hospitality shown by Ivy's eldest auntie. Just like Ivy's mom, always with a smile, cracking into laughter and speaking in a language none of us could understand - Hakka except for Ivy and her mom. Occassionally , she would speak in Mandarin and we would somehow managed to communicate with her though my Mandarin is quite half-past six but we got through communication barrier. After the durian orchard, we went to the chicken farm. I kinda enjoy and feel at home with such an environment - rustic, way back from modern conveniences and fresh feeling. There were rows of chicken shed and they were nicely maintained. I've seen worst farms before and so, comparatively, this farm is clearly better maintained than the ones I've been. We also cracked open a few durians at this site, enjoying the taste of durians plus the poultry farm smell as well. It was really a fun time there. We ate our hearts content over the durians that had been placed in front of us. Then it was off to visit a potential annual camp site at the foot of Gunung Ledang. Nice breeze, nice weather, nice view too. Pricing was not bad and certaintly a place of interest for sure. We then stopped by at Ivy's third aunty's place and another round of durian galore was in hand. I must say that my durian quota for the had definitely been filled by this trip. We even given some durians to take home and that was really mighty nice of this family. I guess, they had plenty and bountiful harvest this year. So, blessing some to others seemed to be the order of the day. The good part - we needn't pay for the durians. It was given to us as a blessing.
I guess, that's what simple living mean to these people. They have so much and they just continue to bless others. I am grateful to Mdm.Chin for continuing to bless us and introduce us to her family members. I guess, I was rather shy for having eaten so much durian and receiving blessings from them. Most of time, we have to pay for it even in the name of helping this fund and that fund. So used to pay for everything and when people bless you , it feels kinda awkward. Gee, I guess, I must learn to change my mindset too from paying mentality to a more blessing mentality, isn't it?
I guess, I have had a stupendous day of fun today with Ivy and her mom, Mdm.Chin together with Errol, SLing and SYuen. Driving back towards home, again, we shared some nice thoughts and had some terrific conversations and exchange of ideas. It was honest, straight forward and fun. Now, I have a new prayer item on the list for Mdm.Chin and Ivy! Will be praying hard each day and probably rally help from friends to pray for them too!
What is it all about? It is strictly ...................................................... fun!~

No comments: