Friday, March 12, 2010

Beh Tahan !

Yesterday, after finishing some work , I headed out to the supermarket to get some things for myself when I chanced upon a very sentimental scene. Here was a mother and a daughter walking hand in hand pushing the cart towards the food display counters. You could see that the daughter was in fact not normal, thin and a disabled person. She had a small towel with her but she was happy to tug along with her mother. I was about 5 steps away from them and I see the love shared by this mother and her daughter. I don't know why but I was along tagging along as I looked at the food stuff on the counters.
Out of the blue, came another shopping chart, another mother and her daughter butting in front of my cart, doing their shopping. Well, I said to myself that I've seen all sorts of people in life and I would like to brand a five alphabet word [ Trust me, it is not a nice word! ] to describe her but I restrained myself thinking that I still have the circled lighted ring around my head. Anyway, I just walked along, minding my own business when I heard the mother and daughter talking about the slowness of the other mother and disabled daughter in front of them. The mother passed remarks like " Walk so slow... aiyoo, move to the side-lah. If you know you have a disabled daughter, just keep her at home-mah." and showing spoilt brat tantrums. It tugged my heart when I saw the other mother quickly took her daughter to the sides allowing the other mother-daughter monster tag team to pass them. As I walked nearer to the earlier mother-daughter, I heard the teary daughter telling her mother," Why are people so mean to me, mom?" The mother replied," It is okay, dearie. They don't understand you like I do. Mom loves you, ok?" Then , she wiped the tears off her daughter's face. She then noticed that I was at the back of her and she wanted to move aside. I told her that she need not do it. I then plucked up my courage and told her that she is a wonderful mother and turning to her daughter, I told her that she is special and that she should be proud as I turned to walk away with my cart. As I turned back to catch a glance, I saw both mother and daughter hugging. That's the most beautiful and emotional scene I have ever seen.
If you think I am finished with this, well, think again. Yup, I stalked the monster tag team patiently, went to their back and when the opportunity arises, I had this to say to them, " Don't be mean to others. You are blocking my path too! How does it feel when you get the same treatment, huh?" All the while, I put on my most notorious facial expression you can think of and growing twice as large! They then moved to the side as I strolled past them with a wicked smile on my face! Serves you right, you heartless morons! Somehow, funnily, the day seemed to get better after that little lesson!~

4 comments:

blhc said...

I'm sure you definitely cheered the first pair up a lot! nice!

Adrienne said...

great job uncle ivan!ha!serve the other monster team rite!..

gosh..it jus get into my nerve abt the treatment tat disable ppl is receiving...

thumbs up for wat u did uncle!

A Pinch Of Salt said...

Bryan : Thanks for the nice words,man. Appreciate it!

Adrienne: Thanks, Adrienne. Really just beh tahan-lah!

A Pinch Of Salt said...

Bryan : Thanks for the nice words,man. Appreciate it!

Adrienne: Thanks, Adrienne. Really just beh tahan-lah!