Sunday, May 23, 2010

The Card..

I was on my way out from the secondary building , after putting out some "fire" in the toilet, when I heard some children voices calling out my name. As I turned back, I saw two rows of young children waving and calling out my name. These tiny tots were really a happy bunch of kids, I must say! They were with their Sunday school teacher and she was smiling too when she saw me. I must be honest to say that it was pretty nice having the children called out your name like that in the middle of their Sunday school class and it was a nice tonic to my heart, actually. So, I waved back, blow some kisses in the air and put out the peace sign. I heard giggles and laughter after that.

Well, the children are so innocent, happy go lucky and even so ..............free in spirit. I guess, I had hoped that life would be simplier like the children's lives. Yup, in a sense, I felt so trapped in the hustle and bustle of life, stress and even mountaineous pressure cooker working life. Yeah, I've heard thousand and two sermons of getting a stress free life which I believe will only happen when you lie down in your 6 by 4 feet patch! Like it or not , there will be good times and rough times ahead, so, might as well savour & treasure the nice ones like this one when you get it, right?
Well, after church service, I was sitting down at one of the tables, when Sean Teh came over to my table and handed me a card. He told this, " Comdr. Ivan, I want you to have this. This is for you!" I was speechless for a while and it was the very first card I had ever received from any boy/girl after serving for some time in the ministry. Most of the time, I would win major awards for being an ogre or the strict one or the monster who would make children cry. [ Well, can't help it. It comes with the hazards of this responsibility to shape young lives! Somebody has got to do the "dirty" job, ok? Hahhahahahaha~! ] It was really very thoughtful of him. Though I didn't know what to make out of the card but it touched me a lot. '[ Lots of red, lots of red - ang ang - blessings-lar!! ] I am keeping it in my Bible where many of my "treasured" items are kept, actually. Then, I read the inside of the card and he signed it. It was really the most beautiful card I have ever received. To get this card from this special kid , Sean , makes up for all the sleepless nights, hazards of planning for camps, strain of time, crack the whip and all the pain I had to go through all these years.
So, to Sean Teh, my special buddy, Comdr. Ivan says THANK YOU very much and YOU ARE THE MAN!~

2 comments:

Liz Teh said...

haha...yeah, can't make out what my Picasso was drawing either! d lesson that day was to appreciate those who serve, i think, and Sean thot of you. U made a big impression and impact on his life, bro! He is blessed to have such a Cmmdr! God bless u and empower u to shape many more young lives for His glory! Amen!

p.s. will show him this post tmr and summarise it for him. he'd be pleased. :)

A Pinch Of Salt said...

Hi Liz,
Thank you so much for the encouragement. I have learned a lot from both Sean & Aidan too. I am just so blessed by what he did-lar! Thank you and send my thanks to Sean too! God bless.