Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Flyboyz...

Last Sunday, my son, JWee and his buddies [ Amos, Matthew and Joel ] were on Melaka Fm 102.30 station for the opening gig of Pertandingan Bintang Kecil Melaka hosted by the radio station. Though I was excited for him, I didn't show it to him because I wanted him to know that it was Him who had made it all happened. Nothing happens in coincidence. It is always His timing and His will. I am glad that my son, JWee knows that and knows my stand on this matter too. I must say that I am very proud of JWee but at the same time I just wished that he would turned that kinda of enthusiasm into his studies but then again, it's another matter altogether!
Anyway, that morning, we were the earliest to arrive and JWee told me that he was nervous. I just told him to go out there and have fun. He nodded his head and smiled. I guess, I don't speak much to him and that's why we have perfect understanding at times. Sure, I support him 100% on this matter but I am also rather strict on other matters and I don't compromise at times. I guess, being a father, I have to be the good cop-bad cop, all in one package.
Anyway, I really love to hear both my son, JWee and my daughter SYuen sing. I guess, they have been blessed by God for possessing nice singing voices. I am blessed too at times hearing them sing. They are often reminded that their voices are a gift from God and they should take care of it and no messing around. Anyway, I just want to thank God for bestowing them these gifts.
The gig went on at about 10.00am and everything went on smoothly. I guess, the open air stage and sound system were a little too big for their nerves and the nervousness showed. Anyway, friends and I cheered them on and they did better on the second half of the song. As I recorded their performance, I felt so proud of them. It took courage and lots of guts to sing in the public - on stage and one shot at the song. Yup, they did well for first -timers and they really had their fun up there. BTW, they also did an interview with DJ Lyn at about 9.30am in the studio and the boys were really excited. I guess, all in all , they did pretty well. Me? I am just enjoying the song they sang. Go, Flyboyz, go!

No comments: