Monday, June 28, 2010

The adorables...

Last Saturday, my family and I managed to squeeze some time to spend with our family in Seremban. I must say that we missed the family a lot especially the two adorables - Ryan and Ashley. I guess, over the months, they have grown up nicely while Wei & Jade have always been great family to us. This weekend had been speical as we wanted to spend time with the children Ryan & Ashley, play with them and do the crazy stuff with them. I really am blessed when I am playing with Ryan & Ashley. Now, it's Ashley's turn to exercise her lung muscles with her cries and vocal chords training. She is just so cute and ........no words to describe! She really have grown so much and I am truly amazed with her development in growth. She smiles a lot and playful too but when she cries, she packs a power punch. She's so cute when she on the walker and the ways she slides across the room so fast that you just want to catch her and play with her.
Then , there's Ryan- the lion. I guess, I am stuck with the name "Ah John" for life! Yup, that's he calls me. It is really nice to cuddle with him and play games with him. He's so quirky at times with his antics but he smiles a lot. Even when he is naughty in his ways, he gets away with it with his big smile but I was always there to give him a scolding or two when he gets it wrong. One incident was when he finished his biscuit and he doesn't want to take the bowl to the back. I gave him a tongue lashing and he took it and put on the next table and hide behind the sanctuary of his grandma. Then he came back to me, hugged me and called me " Ah John" stroking my face. I tell you, he learns his trades of melting people's heart fast, man! Hahahahahahahahhahahaaaaa! Anyway, for me, after having and dealing with two children, these old "Tengsuar" tricks don't work on me! Still gave him a lecture on having to clean up after eating and give him a small smack on his bottoms for being naughty. Off he went running towards SLing for some solace! Well, children will be children!
When SLing's mom asked me to cook fish head curry for dinner, I readily agreed though it would be my first time doing it. So, I washed, marinated the garoupa fish head pieces with Baba's curry powder, cut & diced the vegetables like okra, brinjal and got ready some lime leaves for fragrance. Yes, I cooked up the dish the best I know how. Finally, got it done and it tasted not too bad but still miss the Indian spices. I guess, I am happier at the kitchen stove than being stuck behind the moronic machine called the computer. Anyway, Jade cooked her speciality pork ribs dish, fried sotong with curry mixture and wine infused prawns which were excellent dishes. I saw her mixed and prepare the ingredients for her dishes and I must say that she has done well. The dishes turned out good and mouth-watering while I really had a good time with the pork ribs which were really very good. We enjoyed the dishes very much. Way to go, Jade! Looking forward to more home-cooked, ok? Yes, yes, stock up the house with Chinese, Thai, Italian, French and Indonesian cook books! You can do it!
All in all, we had a great time back home in Seremban. I guess, spending time with loved ones are important and really helps to make family bonds stronger. We may all face different kinds of pressures and stress in life but spending time with family somehow soothes away the blues. Yeah, playing with the children, spending time with your family members and sharing great home cooked meals helped to make the day a beautiful day. I guess, I am already missing the tiny tots already and the conversations with Wei and Jade plus SLing's mom.
Looking forward for our next weekend getaway in Seremban again!

No comments: