Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Father....

My children and my wife have not missed giving me a surprise on every Father's Day celebration and I must say that I am very blessed for their thoughtfulness. It is not so much for their presents but the fact that they took the trouble to get me something on this auspicious day is something that warms my ol' heart a lot.
I must say in all honesty, that I have never asked for anything in return from them all these years except to live right with God and be good people in life. Sometimes, it can be quite frustrating when I see our good intentions as a family are often taken advantage of by manipulative people who are in abundance out there in our society today. As a father, I feel for my wife and children a lot eventhough I try not to meddle in their lives, show too much emotions or make it too obvious. So, yeah, it hurts when you see your children or wife get hurt in any way. Like all fathers out there, I guess, being in the background and cleaning up whatever mistakes here and there , praising when it is due ; are part & parcel of life. Anyway, God is greater and I always believe that we may look like fools in the eyes of the people but internally, we are already winners in God's eyes. That's all that matters. Yes, I can never write the future of our lives together but I can give a helping hand to the family to help work towards the ultimate goal that God had set in each of our lives. I guess, I want to lay a good foundation for my family to understand that it is not the big house, the big fat account or even fame & popularity that we sought after. I have seen many families who had started out well are soon engulfed and consumed by the chasing of such dreams whether knowingly or unknowingly. I have often reminded myself of the biblical lesson of King Solomon. I am often reminded that in all of King Solomon's greatness in erecting majestic buildings , astute wisdom and all the riches in the world, God simply chose to honour the simple tabernacle set up by David more than what King Solomon had to offer. BTW, the so-call majestic buildings and so on went on to be in ruins in the short span of 40 years! That itself speaks volumes on all majestic buildings and so on! That fact keeps me very much on the ground. I am not saying that we are to live poor for all our lives. I believe, it is important to explain to our children and making them understand that it is far more important and crucial to love the Giver of the life rather than the gifts itself and BE THANKFUL. Afterall,we can't serve two masters, right? BTW, as a father, I am so ever thankful to good friends and families who had blessed our lives so ever richly in words of encouragements, invaluable advices, gifts and sharing of life experiences. Thank you, my friends. Your love have helped me to be a better father and husband to my family!
So, to all fathers out there, Blessed Father's Day and may you continue to bless the lives of your wife and children whom God had entrusted in your hands.~

No comments: