Thursday, June 24, 2010

Ladies of thoughtfulness....


Today, I want to give credit to the ingenuity efforts of my workplace office women who had made my life a little brighter each day. Like all civilised society and sometimes not-so-civilised society, food is the medium of harmony that binds us together. Sure, as in any workplace, we do get our friction and heated words here and there but these are perfectly normal in an insane world we live in. One thing is for sure, people like Liong, Kok and Yivon made my life more colourful and vibrant as I trudged along in the routine assortments of daily mental stress, fatigue, heartaches and sometimes, difficult times but littered also with laughters and fun.
For me, I am grateful to them for taking the trouble to get some good fare of home cook meals ready for lunch. It is not an everyday thing but somehow, there is always some food cooking in the rice cooker or pot or even in some packed food. I guess, it is their simple hospitality and sharing hearts that made it such a beautiful thing. Never selfish in sharing whatever meal they brought to work or have in the possession, it definitely showed a whole lot more of character and humility than some pompous or boisterous egoistic maniacs we have today in our workplace. As I looked into the cost of the food prepared , I realised that it didn't amount much but when food is cooked with a giving & willing heart and loads of fun, they will turn out fantastic. We had shared meals like the Hakka dish of "ham choy" soup [ an assortment of leftover pork & chicken meat with salted vegetable, szechuan peppers, assam keping and what not! - mouth is watering already! ] , porridge, bak chang festival meals, sweet potato dessert, tom yam noddles, noddles soup, waffles ( I contributed and make it for them to enjoy! ) and the latest, mee suar soup.
Yunno, I really feel very blessed to have them as colleagues and friends. Afterall, we are of different faith, opinions and ideas but sometimes, they sounded much better than the learned ones we have out there. So, today, I just want to mention my special thank to the three ladies - Liong, Kok and Yivon for taking the trouble to bless our lives in the office with such show of humility, love and great warmness.
Yeah, we may shout, scream and drive each other hopping mad topped up with a flare of temper and storming off just like any other normal days, I just want you people to know that I'm eternally grateful because you people literally fed me when others just prayed about it!
Interesting, isn't it?

No comments: