Wednesday, January 4, 2012

The name is Caitlyn....

Last night, I had a wonderful time cradling a small bundle of joy in my arms. I guess, I must say that after not having a baby in your arms for such a long time, I feel kinda awkward and started to have crazy ideas if I could still have the "kingsize cushion" for this little child to nestle in. The last time I become the human dunlopillo was to Ryan and Ashley, my lovely nephew and niece. Anyway, as I handled the baby and took over the carrying duties from Jessica's arms, I managed to get it into my "chicken wing -L position " and nestled that bundle of joy nicely in my arms. Wow! What a feeling! OK, before you have any ideas that I am gonna have any addition to the family, just wipe the smirk smile off your faces and understand that I may have the desire for it but certainly not the energy level for it! Way pass that enthusiasm to wake up in the middle of the night to feed the baby or even to rock the baby to sleep! No funny ideas eventhough I have had Thai oil and traditional massage which was expected to give me the booster of a lifetime but I tell you this, it makes me sleep better that's all and I am happy with that! So, no funny ideas,ok?
Coming back to the fragile baby, this is Caitlyn Louis. The latest addition to the Louis family!( Hooray! The nicest people in town! ) It is a real joy for me to be able to hold this girl lest carry her in the two bedded room as the mother, Abby, propped up and slumped on her bed. Poor lady had exhausted all her energy earlier in the morning from all the shouting, dramatic wailing, hair-pulling, strings of not-so-nice words, pulsating tai-chi pushing effort to get the baby to see the first light of the day - the operating theatre bright surgical light! Hahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.................. Seriously, Bless Abby for being the mother of the child for she had meticulously carried this baby for the past 9 months and it was no easy task with all the temptation of food, foul moods, cravings and all that. Then we have Dinesh, the father. I tell you, blessed the fathers for putting up for 9 months of undulating & swings of  mood, absorbing headaches and creamy deprivation of waking up nightmares on "sending mommy to hospital " drills!   Red-eyed ( from very lack of sleep or probably crying with joy or is it " Thank God , the ordeal of waiting and anticipation has ended! Hahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaa.......), blurry but still steady as the hair is in perfect place eventhough he had been up since 5.00am in the morning to get everything ready and send the wife and children to hospital and school respectively. Do not forget that he had to ensure everything was in order but obviously not being able to hide his joy of having the new addition into the family. That's one proud father, man. Cheers to you, Dinesh!
Then there's the proud big brother, Dave ( tired-looking, red-eyed, feverish but steady fella ) and the younger brother, Caleb ( fresh - ponteng from school-lar, energetic, grinning from ear to ear and playful ) in the room. What a great family who now has a newest  beauty joining them in the family.
I could see that the baby girl, Caitlyn was very much awake and eyes were like round marbles looking around probably thinking, " Who are all these strange-looking people making faces and doing monkey faces to me?". Oh!Boy, I was told that she was awake from 5.00pm and the clock at my hp reads 9.30pm. She made some baby sounds and was moving her tiny hands around. She then had her dose of milk before switching off to sleep easily. Boy! We were all so amazed how fast she fell asleep and compared it to the father-lar. We had  a good laugh together. What a bundle of joy indeed! Somehow, looking at this baby, it brings a lot of joy to me. So small, so fragile and so........precious little girl! 
Indeed, a beautiful life was introduced and thrusted into the world yesterday morning and the name is Caitlyn Louis!~  

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It's very beautiful blog, I'm happy to visit your blog,
garage cabinets plans
regards..

A Pinch Of Salt said...

Kushuka Lee,
Thank you for dropping by. Thanks for the encouragement.