Friday, January 13, 2012

Some day...some day...

The last few days had been frustrating days for me and the ultimate crunch to the nuts came from yesterday's incidents. I do not want to dwell on those unpleasant occasions but I'll go crazy if I don't some how release the pent-up anger all these time. Like I said many times, I have nothing against people who are rich & powerful in their finance or wherever their gains comes from or whatever position they are but I am against all form of bullying, belittling, character bashing and even throwing "little people" like me and many others like me under the moving truck/bus/trailer or even at a moving train. I am frustrated for being treated like some rug under people's feet or even the punching bag of some " office politics ". If that wasn't bad enough, making one the scapegoat or heaping blaming to the little people really gets me on nerves. The worst part of all is that little people like us will have to keep our mouth shut, swallow whatever integrity we have and hung our heads so low that even the nuts hanging between our legs seemed taller at that time! It is so damn frustrating that we just have to give in to such people. Maybe you could say that little people like us gave in to such things but I want to tell you this. These rich & powerful plus wicked people knows that little people like us would require our salary to feed our family and knowing very well that they are in such a position to do so, they milked us dry until our bones are grounded to dust! Yes, for little people like us, to speak up is pure suicidal. To point out mistake is like having your hanging item get stuck between the zippers while to voice out is like waiting for your coffin to be lowered into a simmering burning fire.
The rich, powerful and evil will always have the little people like us as toys to toy around and people like us would  just have to harden our knuckles and grit our teeth plus let it slide. I am proud to say that I come from the very school of hard knock but yesterday was like the last straw. If I do have my way, believe me, it only takes me minutes to turn over to the "new" leaf which is my old ways, I would have made the Spanish inquisition torture ways look like child's play and probably make them eat some of their nice front rows of teeth. Period! I was that mad yesterday and I just felt so ............helpless! I was torn between providing the meals for the family and letting my abuser/perpetrator a  taste/piece of what I am capable to do. Finding myself in trouble or landing in the 40 odd metal bars cell doesn't seemed to faze me at all. BUT somehow, in the midst of my anger, I just grit my teeth real hard ( I have a slightly chipped tooth now! ) and I just took some water to wash my face. I don't know whether my tears mixed with the water or it was just tears streaming down my face. It is that frustrating,boy. I hate to become a punching bag for others and I hate being made to look like a fool. I hate being made the scapegoat for some rich and powerful idiot games! Many times, I just give in because friends told me that I have to be patient, kind, loving and "that's how it is in the office" thingy. Well, I've got news for you - these people DO need to learn the lesson of not mistreating people because even the sleeping lion will roar occasionally and I am NO EXCEPTION! These people need to understand that there is a certain level of patience and integrity of a person is really worth fighting for. A man has no value and meaning in life if he has no integrity. My late father taught me this lesson and I thank him for teaching me this.    
Yesterday, my wife hugged me tight and I felt so indebted to her. I swallowed my anger and I took a good look at my wife and daughter while I thought of my son very much. I wish I don't have to go through this again and neither should they. Honestly, at that split moment, I thought of them and I doused off my fire of anger, went on my knees and let my soul be tormented by this sudden baptism of patience and love. It cooled me tremendously but I told my wife firmly that this will not change my stand in the office. She looked at me pleadingly with those soft hazel eyes which she knows will softened my anger. I only have this to say the people who are constantly out there to harass the little people in the office -  The bullying has to stop, clamouring for favours have to stop and throwing a fellow colleague under the bus is totally unacceptable. Own up your faults and don't let others become your scapegoat, you heartless idiots!
Who knows - the tables will be turned someday.....some day.......some day ...... 

No comments: