Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Nuts & Gravy....

The other day I went to the bank to make a rental deposit amidst the hovering dark fully pregnant clouds which eventually pelted large droplets of much awaited rain water. I guess, in many ways, I was "blessed" by the hard hitting pelting raindrops. No sooner as I get out from the car, I was already in the midst of getting the outline of my sublime big-rounded body shape clothing sticking to my skin. I was drenched wet and I thought to myself, "What could be worse? Live with it-lar" So, drenching wet, I squeezed whatever parts of my clothings I could get on hands on to get the water out. The cold air-conditioning at the machines area sorta made the situation quite a sticky one while there were 3 persons at the CDM ( Cash Deposit Machine). There are two CDM machines there but one was out of order! What a day! 

As usual, I lined up and waited for my turn patiently. Then I saw one elderly man and one  middle-aged man taking their turns to do their deposits. By looking at them , both of them were in khaki pants, they must be some company boss and I was already feeling cold by the billowing of the cool air-cond breeze. Then, I saw them taking out a list of about 10 account numbers and I knew I was in trouble. Of all the days and of all the scenarios, it was like a repetition of my last experience in the bank. I was still sane at that time until I saw the list of amount they are going to deposit to their workers. Being rather cynical, I asked the middle-aged man what was the list of deposit for and he replied it was for over-time/incentives payments to their foreign workers. My God, the amounts were generally below RM 100 while the lowest deposit was RM 50. I was just dumbfounded for a while and I wanted to give some nice flowery words to these clowns! What is the matter with these people? Why can't they just pay cash as usual to their workers?  Then I thought to myself, maybe, just maybe, they are afraid that their workers might skin and hang them alive or get themselves killed while giving out the paltry incentives! Anyway, I kept myself calm despite the fact that droplets of water from my hair and clothes are hitting the floor and when it reached the electrical points of the machine, hopefully, the bank staffs and clients will be electrocuted  to death! 

Just as the list ended, the elderly guy took out another wade of cash and smilingly said that it was the business cash. I rolled my eyes, moved my head from side to side and muttered some flowery language. The other guy in front of me just lost his cool and left hurriedly out of the bank. Now, I am directly behind these two clowns/goons. The middle-aged man turned around and apologised for the delay. I wasn't gonna be a nice guy and so, I told the fellas sarcastically, " Boss, my nuts are going to freeze and come out gravy already! You better hurry up, can-ar?" in the Hokkien language. I wasn't smiling; hair dripping with water, face looking like some mortuary after life and three quarters of my shirt was out; dripping wet. I guess, they got the hint and within minutes, their transaction was over and I did my transaction as they stood aside.  I then went out of the bank and headed straight for my car - all drenched wet again.

I am constantly reminded  on how disturbing the world of the "have" and the "have not" can be for people such as this. It must depressingly painful for their staff to receive such pittance incentive. I guess, it is the law of the concrete jungle, huh? Maybe, just maybe I should start a company and call it NPC ( National Pork Centre ) or PKK ( Pusat Khinzir Kebangsaan ) just to compete in the concrete jungle. Ain't life porky?~

3 comments:

Abraham Ologundudu said...

Lol, that was one funny experience. You're invited to my blog. http://healdsoul.blogspot.com/ http://kraizeewhiz.blogspot.com

A Pinch Of Salt said...

Hi bro!
Thanks for dropping by! Always an encouargement to hear from you!~ Thanks.

Abraham Ologundudu said...

You're welcome and i'll like you to follow this blog http://healdsoul.blogspot.com/