Friday, February 10, 2012

Woof!Woof!...

They say that each and everyone of us has a "dark" side of us that required some taming exercise. Well, I must readily admit that I REALLY do have a "dark" side of me that is seldom seen by the naked eyes of the people. I have what you call the "duck" side. Yeah! I love steamed and braised 5 spice powder plus star anise and cinnamon stick duck, barbecued crispy Peking Duck, Salted Veg duck soup and as long as it is duck, I like it! Jokes aside, yesterday night , my the other "dark" side of me was about to be raised up like a sleeping giant. You see, I was getting ready to slumber on my soft pillows when my sleep tranquility was broken by the constant barking of the front neighbour's dog. Ok! So, I have lived with this for quite some time but when your body is at the brink of physical exhaustion collapse and screaming for some inner peace, quiet and sleep, the constant bark by the tuberculosis-like neighbour's dog can be a real pain in the "yunno where"!

So, there I was , tossing , turning and trying to get the best position to muffle the heinous barking sounds and somehow, my mind has now been wide alert. My eyes seemed to be synchronised with my mind  and the grand shutters of eyelids popped wide open! Oh! How I wish I could poison the dog or at least, skewered it up under some burning coal! ( Sorry, SPCA, NFC, NPC or whatever animal lovers organisation! Didn't mean to upset you people but this is really unbearable! ) I make no excuses for what crossed my mind! You would think the way I think if you are in my shoes! It is like having someone slapped two pieces of rubber slippers at the close proximity of your already ageing ears! If you still sympathised with the dog and say "poor dog!"; try saying that to five houseowners near the vicinity of my neighbour's house. I tell you for sure they will all probably smoldered your face with a massive thick pillow plus reinforced with a big bolster just to ensure that you meet God faster than anticipated! It's that irritating,man!    

I tell you, I just don't know what's wrong with the owner of the dog. I think, they are a family of deaf people! It is just so irritating and really annoying when you are trying to get some sleep and quiet. Honestly, I tried sleeping amidst the squealing barks and my mind started to play tricks with me by devising plans and ways to slaughter the dog or even massacred it indefinitely. It is like an every night thingy and the orchestra of barks will start at about 9.45pm and end well over 2.00am. By that time, usually, I'll probably be thinking of massacring the family that owns the dog too! Aw-man, why can't people just be a little considerate if they want to keep dogs/cats as their pets? I know there are a lot of responsible  and good pets owners but really, being a nuisance in your neighbourhood can be quite a devastating thing for your other neighbours. That's not including the poohs and the scratches these pets can cause to your lawn yard and your car! I recall with fond memories when my immediate neighbour had kept a stray cat. Somehow it was a real torture for me each day as for some reasons and some awful nights, the cat would meow and would be sitting at my car bonnet. You could see new scratches mushrooming each day. It is like using a Scotch brite metal sponge and running it through your car bonnet. Anyway, to cut the story short, the cat went missing one day and it never appear ever again. Thank God for that! Don't look at me! I didn't do anything to the cat - sanely, insanely, intentionally or non-intentionally! We will never know what had happened to the cat but it was a welcomed relief!

OK! Hopefully, tonight, I would get some sleep and be really civil about things that will be happening. No worries, no dark side is gonna be sprung up but I wouldn't know what I'll be doing if the dog barks again! Hopefully, this time, the dog won't be disappearing in the next few days. It would be a shame to the animal kingdom,yunno! 
  

1 comment:

Abraham Ologundudu said...

You really do have a sense of humour! Funny writing,
don't spring up ur dark side cos of a dog