Sunday, July 1, 2012

Sale...Sales!...Sale?

SALE! MID-YEAR SALE! TERRIFIC SALE! Signs such as these are propped up at every available shoplot in a huge shopping centre today and I must say that being a Sunday, it was a crazy crowd as the shopperholics thronged these outlets and let go a free flow of the paper juice as they rushed to get the very best of the day's sale. ME? I was just caught in the crowd and I bought only essentials not the sales items. Anyway, I remembered standing outside a shop and suddenly, it dawned on me that I was in a crowd of men, husbands and fathers, to be precise, folding our hands, legs apart , staring at the crowds of women, crazily racking up the sale bins and seeing their arms, body and legs moving simultaneously to grab whatever they could muster their hands on. I note with pertinent interest as skirts, blouses, mini skirts and even shirts being flung and collected at a rapid manner all for the sake of shopping fever. I also note with interest that soon, my group of men frowned and  held up their hands in disgust as the womenfolk raked up the cash register with their purchases. I saw one husband practically rolled his eyes and shook his head in tantalising disgust as his woman pick up a short skirt and smiled while her body doesn't seem to fit the rather small looking skirt. My brain seemed to shout, " Hey lady! Those hips are meant for something else! Not the short teenie weenie skirt-lar!" but somehow, my  mind and my lips plus the voice chords were lost in translation! My mind was " Oh God! She is going to have a hard time squeezing that hips in that skirt!" Sorry , ladies! I call it as I see it.Then there is this lady with a bundle of clothes in her hand and she is still reaching out for more! My goodness, I wonder if she is going to wear all those blouses, dresses and skirts,man! Gosh, every colour of the universe is in her hands! I was like, " Cukup-lar, mak oi! Bankrap-lar laki you, oi, Cik Minah! " After finishing the 50% pile, she dived right into the 30% pile! She's like swimming in that pile,man! You could see her butterfly strokes, freestyle and even breast stroke for that matter! I bet she will be doing her individual medley soon as she dives into the next pile of clothes!

Gosh! I could really see the furious and systematic flinging of the clothes and these women claw their way to bundles and bundles of clothes just to satisfy the craving of the 50% - 70% sales. If you were to learn something about business, the sales are there for a reason - totally off season or cannot sell stuff! So, unless you really like the design and in some desperate need to change your wardrobe, by all means, get the stuff. It will be cheap anyway and well, cheap is sometime good but lack of the right size, I would say. That's where  rummaging , clawing and cat snarls are going to get you the clothes you want but not without a fight-lar. But if you are pushing out your claws and wading your way through the mass bodies of raging hormones females because it's sales, you are in for a real shocker as you will always end up with something which you will wear for a while before it ends up in the re-cycle clothes bin for the Salvation Army charity prospect. Anyway, I watched with great joy as the ladies battle it out at the outlets. It is the same every shop whenever the sales signs were flashed! So, it is no wonder why the queue at the ATM machines was particularly long today and somehow , the men seemed to frown a lot today!

Me? I am just enjoying the sights and the air-cond rush on such a hot day like today. BTW, salary is STILL NOT OUT! What a shame! hahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.............................It is ironic! 

No comments: