Sunday, November 18, 2012

My Woman...always!

They say, " Behind every man's success , there's a woman behind it. " and I say " That's correct! " especially in my case. I guess, in many ways, I couldn't have paid a better tribute than to my better half, Soon Ling. Soon Ling had been an inspirational support to the family and me all these years and it was good to be able to celebrate her birthday. It wasn't actually a great way to start her birthday celebrations when we had to send our son, JWee to the bus-station to go back to Penang for his studies. Somehow, after a great meal together ( Dim sum and yummy ' bak pau' at Bachang ), we managed to get into some lively conversation and some bonding time together. In many ways, we wanted to have a family makan together on SLing's birthday but we have to settle with one less family member. However, it did not damper us from having a meal together. 

There is nothing extravagant of SLing, actually. She's sensational good for me and the family, honest! She is who she is all these years. Patient, loving, caring but firm many times. I have been blessed by her ways, more or less. ( Woi! Cold beds are a real thing,ok? Gotta say something nice-lar! Hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ) Jokes aside, she is the calming factor in our family. Many a times, she had exercised her wisdom in many difficult situations in our lives and I believe, she is much a stronger person than I am. Her faith in doing the right thing and saying the right things are spot on at times. However, her cold stares and cynical sarcasm can be a spine-numbing experience when it warrants. She can be witty and quite a handful at times but most of all, she had been a Godly sent woman in my life. I pay such tribute to her because I know that at times, I drive her mad to the walls with my antics or even I can be quite a handful in my opinions and ways but it didn't stop her from loving me any less.That's the cool part. The "not-so-cool" part is that she can give you a good tongue lashing too when it warrants. So, that balances the unique relationship that we have.

Anyway, as always, she wanted to spend a quiet evening together with SYuen and me on her special day. We decided to go to "Wok&Pan" for our dinner and have some great time together. With " Herbs marinated pork chops " and " Pork burger delight", we kinda have our own fun at that time. I guess, what we missed most  was the presence of our son, JWee and good friends around us to celebrate this joyful time together. SYuen and I got her the "Red Velvet big cupcake" and a slice of  " Dark Chocolate Delight"  earlier in the day for her indulgence. Though it was a small celebrations, it was what we wanted - simple & cosy. In that way, we could sample the simple things that had made us what we are in the first place.

I want to declare openly that I love this woman of mine a lot for what she is. Jealous, eh? Well, there is nothing better than doing that for the woman you love. Some may disagree that we are Asians and we should not do that while some will agree that it's about time we say it out loud. To me, I don't give a two hoots to any of it because to me, SLing is truly a remarkable woman in my life. It's about time, you declare it rightly to your woman you love.Yeah, it could be done in private or as crazy as I am, saying it out loud in the open. It doesn't matter because there is freedom in expressing our thoughts and our heart's desire. Yeah! I am hopelessly poor at romantics and the finer acts of romanticism and bluffology but I do know my woman! Noticed that it is "woman" and not "women",ok?        

So, to Soon Ling, blessed birthday and may the Lord bless you abundantly and shower you with greater love, peace and joy! YES! A trip round the world for sight seeing when we are out of our responsibilities are STILL ON,baby!
  

No comments: