Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Hospital....surprise....

The other day, I brought my daughter for her regular medical check-up at the General Hospital. It was one of those check-ups which will probably take a few minutes of consultation but a few hours of waiting. So, I was ready for the long wait and took the day off to accompany my daughter. Surprisingly, on that particular morning, the crowd seeking medical attention was enormously high and there weren't any enough seats to seat the people. The waiting hall was packed like sardines being pulled to the shore but surprisingly enough, the registration people, medical staff and the general public were quite civil and orderly. Certainly, the service standards at the Melaka General Hospital has improved a lot from those nauseating, rude and harsh treatment days. I could still remember dreading to bring anyone to GH for that matter. Nowadays, appointments were made, numbers were called and even names were still being called out despite the electronic advancement and the number serving services.

There was hardly any murmurings or grumblings in regards to the medical services rendered at the waiting room and after consultation. I guess, services standards had grown by leaps and bounds while this is getting interesting indeed. Due to the regularity of my own medical checkup and daughter's checkup, I have come to know some of the nurses and medical staff by name and I greeted them as usual. I always made it a point to remember names and faces when I can. It is just something I learned over the years while I am in the private sector.  I guess, when you are polite and pleasant with these people , they would be pleasant with you. You come around and strut yourself to be like a pompous little ass then, you will be treated like one, I guess. I think, this is common sense and simple logic. All in all, I have "enjoyed" the time I shared at the General Hospital. It has been a good experience indeed. Will this continue? Honestly , I dunno but I do HOPE SO!
I sincerely HOPE SO!

No comments: