Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Photobook - the memories.....

The photobook....small , compact and nice
Someone told me long ago that a photograph speaks a thousand words. At that time, I could not comprehend the volume of the meaning of that sentence but over the years, I have learned that photographs do speak volumes indeed - good or bad. I don't claim to be award winning photographer or professional one for that matter but my photographs were mainly about my family, my friends and the activities around my life. No need to "farn" other people for the "farn" is already in place when you asked people to pose for photographs but 5 years down the road as you flipped through the photo albums ( those early days lar...) or the computer lap top for those photos , it will bring a big wide smile to your face. 

You see, photographs are the memories we have when going through the times of our lives at that moment. Once you missed it, it is gone and you are unable to have a memory of it except the one "camera" in your head and heart. But when you able to have the physical picture in your hand, your heart and your mind will sing sweetest like the winning songbird in a competition. I am like that. Like it or not, I liking taking photos and it warms my heart as I flipped the albums or even go through the picture folders in my computer. I was heartsick when a good portion of my digital camera photos were lost due to "corrupted" system and what not and they are lost forever. I guess, the next best thing to do was to document them and with advanced technology and great marketing trend, here comes the photobook. I've always like the idea of a photobook ever since I saw one when my sister-in-law, Jade made one for her children and family. It was a fabulous idea and one that will be etched in the hearts always.

Shocking photo that never made it to the photobook
So, SLing did just that and yesterday, the photobook which was the " secret project" of SLing arrived in a neatly packed small bundle. Well, I had provided the photographs from my picture folders in my external HDD and doing the project with was fun. I must admit, a great portion of the credit should go to her as she took the trouble to arrange, trimmed and made sure that the back ground graphics were nice. I guess, the joyful part was when we both go through the picture folders to pick out the photographs. Sure, we missed out a few photos but a good deal of it depicts the simple life we live in. There aren't anything fanciful pictures but simple pictures that tells us a story of what this family is all about.

As I went through the photo albums, it was such fun especially the Royal Rangers camps and children, Bachang cell group trip to Pulau Redang, great friends in Penang and the awesome memories there, all the Haadyai trips with family friends, the church activities, youth camps and speaking invitations, company trip to Singapore & KL plus a host of goodies. Nope! There ain't any uncensored stuff but there are certainly crazy stuff........ The astounding technology never ceases to amaze me indeed!~

No comments: