Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Scavenger Hunt 2014....

"My girl was reluctant at first and asked who registered her for the Scavenger Hunt. But after finishing the hunt , she told me that she is registering again for next year's hunt! She could not stop talking about the hunt when she arrived home." - Parent

" My friends whom I have invited to join me for this hunt told me that this was a better Scavenger Hunt than the other church one who run this program earlier in the year. They said it was so much fun, challenging and create greater friendship." - Participant

" My children enjoyed the hunt so much that they were amazed by what they had to do and get to move around the town with minimal supervision and public transport. Thank you so much." - Parent

" It is a real joy to see the smiling faces of the children. They truly enjoy the hunt and keep up the good work." - Parent

" The challengers were great but I was really tired due to the walking. It was really fun and I enjoyed myself. My group members were sporting and fun plus crazy at times! YES, I would like to do it again! Hopefully, the challenges would be tougher the next time!" - Participant

" I am amazed of what the youths have to do as their challenges! Taking public transport was a new experience while being in Melaka Sentral was also something new for my children. The whole experience was an exciting one! Thank you so much! " - Parent

The list of comments goes on and on. These are some of the feedback comments I had received following the recently concluded CCC/CLA Youth Ministry Scavenger Hunt 2014. What an awesome hunt it was! We had 34 participants / youths who actually registered and turned up for the event. Three youths who signed up did not start at the starting as the three of them did not remember that 13th September, 2014 was the day of the hunt while five (5) others simply did not turned up after signing up. After a short briefing of what not to do and what to do during the hunt, Pastor Joanne prayed for the groups ( 7 groups ) and the well being of the event. Groups like Cool Puma ( Leader -Jocelyn Gan ), Eager Cougar ( Leader - Joel Tan ), Steady Panther ( Leader- Nahshon ), Brainy Tiger ( Leader- Bryan Chiew ), Zany Leopard ( Leader - Charlene Lim ), Smarty Jaguar ( Leader - Foo Shwu Yuen ) and Feisty Cheetah ( Leader- Garrett Quek ) graced the occasion with their youthful enthusiasm and energy. Within minutes, they were off the blocks and hitting on the first clue marker. Enthusiatic, energetic and young, the threaded along Keluarga Ku building to work out their riddles and questions before proceeding to find the next route marker. It was interesting to see these young people doing their best for the group. The spirit of camaraderie, teamwork and togetherness were fantastic. As they moved along the route of Sentral Melaka, TESCO, AEON Melaka, Jonker Street and Dataran Pahlawan, you could feel the joy, the competitiveness and the tired but joyful faces all around.

I was extremely proud of the participants/youths as they carried out their task at Jonker Walk. Part of their challenge was to interview 3 foreign tourist and record down their view of Jonker Walk plus a spicy Mamee eating time at Mamee Jonker House. It was fun to see the youths finishing their bowl of spicy Mamee plus one with the special ingredient of cili padi. They also had to move around Jonker Walk to find clues to their task. It was such a delight to see our youths behave well, good mannered and truly Malaccans. I had two Singaporean asking me at Mamee Jonker House what were the youths doing. I explained the young couple that we were having a scavenger hunt for our church youths and they seemed pleasantly surprised that our youths were well-mannered and very courteous too. Some angmo couples did asked me too about our event and I explained to them what we are trying to do and how fun can the activity be. It was truly an honour to hear these foreigners spoke of how well mannered our youths were. To me, that is a great compliment to the youths parents and also the leaders and the church as a whole. So, BRAVO to you, parents and leaders!

As SLing and I travelled from places to places to ensure that everything went on good and without a hitch, I am blessed knowing that the leaders did their job well. The tasks were difficult and arduously meticulously challenging but the leaders did it for the youths. I am so proud of the leaders and I felt very blessed by the way things have turned out. Even when we were at the finishing point and Dataran Pahlawan, gathering in big group could pose some difficulties but thank God, everything went on smoothly.

At the end of the day, the tired but happy faces says it all. Though there were winners in Feisty Cheetah, Zany Leopard and Smarty Jaguar, I believe that GOD won BIG TIME that day. I am blessed that the weather was exceptionally good and clear while there were no untoward incidences as the youths were in public places. To me, every participant was a winner that day. I just wished that somehow, the leaders and this activity had touched the lives of the youths.

To me, nothing is sweeter than hearing that the youths would want to register for next year's hunt and vehemently told me that they want more challenging tasks, questions and physical challenges!

To the leaders, THANK YOU SO MUCH for your cooperation, help, team work and great effort. WE DID IT!~  ( CLA team - Chai Yen, Lewis Raj, Sefena, Abbigail, Odelia and Alex.  CCC team - Pastor Joanne,  Kenneth Pang, Jonathan Lim, Aaron Liu , John Ng, Jenny Liong. David Lee, Stephen Raj & Stefanie Sim )

No comments: