Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Blackout... a different outlook

The other day, I came back from work - physically and mentally drain and to make the matter worst, there was an electrical blackout at my taman. It would have been a natural reaction on my part to let go a few colourful words of "wisdom" and at the same time get into my moody mode but instead, I decided not to participate is such state of situation anymore. Hey! We all have to change in one way or another and change at one point of our life, right? Nope! This is not my New Year resolution either. I just wanted to start"anew" in my life. I wanted to be ........... able to react differently to the situation around me. That's all. I am forthright and honest about this and I am sure this change will make me a better person.
So, when I saw SLing & SYuen sitting at the porch enjoying a net of small tangerine, it was a potrait perfect of peace and fun. We have never done this before and I thought it was a swell idea by SLing & SYuen. So, I decided to join in the fun , went to the front small storeroom , took out a camp chair and just enjoyed the moment of bliss. SLing suggested that I had dinner at the porch which I gladly did. With a plate with spoonfuls of rice [ gotta slow down on the rice thing! ] , a big dose of cabbage and a good spread of " tempra chicken", it was heavenly. Somehow, dinner tasted real good that day. I even suggested that SLing light up the candle holder we have at the porch area which illuminated so much light. As the daylight faded fast as the hour went by, it was time for us to get into the comfort of our home. Usually, there would be a good breeze but that day, somehow, the breeze were not forthcoming.
Yunno, after the cleaning up and so on, we lighted up a candle in our living room. The light that was from the single candle drew so much clarity in a dark environment. Imagine , just one light from the candle could bring so much difference - just like our lives too, right? Think about it~ let us be light in the midst of the darkness around us and we will be okay. BTW, being in the light also meant being bold, strong, speaking the truth amidst all the sugar-oated messages/statements, standing up for what is right and just , helping others along the road to the heavenly realms and being one who is able to speak without fear nor favour.
That night, I realised too that the more modern facilities we get stocked up in our home and the more dependent we are to our electricity supply, when things like breakdown or blackout appears, all seemed like lost and totally unusable. It is like having a headless chicken running around in the midst of utter confusion. It is back to basics. Maybe God wants us to be that way- going back to basics and putting our focus back to Him in these last days. Afterall, sound system, new organ, new mixer, new projector, new building and all the modern facilities seemed useless when you do not have any electricity supply to power it up. Probably the generator would help for a few hours but that too is temporary power, right? BTW, I am writing figuratively for all of us to digest and digress.
It is funny that one night of blackout can mean so much to me! Somehow, the heavenly message I received into my heart is this : ~ Back to basics ! Focus on HIM ! ~

No comments: