Friday, January 15, 2010

"Pants on the ground"...

I've always enjoyed American Idol since Day1 and Season 9 is no exception. I know that this is the show with great human drama, great vocals, great stories plus some great entertainment moments. Yeah, it's a singing competition show but the drama is really incredible. You can just see every available human reaction in this show. The reality is there is always the joy of getting into the next round of competition and the bitter & agony feeling of defeat. Not forgetting the thrills and spills of colourful words and censored device bleeps everytime a sour grape losses a spot. In true competition spirit, there must winners and there must losers. I am totally against too much ego feeding and too much sugar-coat encouragement that sometimes you think you are good when you can actually sound horribly wrong and hit not a single note right! Well, I am speaking about musical notes-lah! Well, some contestants just can't get that in their head when it comes to this!I must say that Simon Cowell does sound annoying at times but at least he is being honest and truthful about talents - Honestly, of all the judges, I like him a lot. He doesn't give a two hoots to anyone except telling the fact as it is. Well, that's what it should be, folks. Afterall, they are trying to unearth America's best singing talent, right? Just like most of you, I , too, will break into the songs sometimes whenever I hear great songs being sung....Well, I am not a crooner nor claim to have any talent in singing but we all have our moments in the bathroom during showers, right? Remember, holding the bar soap or the shampoo bottkle and pretending it's the microphone? Sounds familiar? Tsk!Tsk!Tsk! Don't look so innocent and angelic, ok? Anyway, it is fun to sing our lungs out, right?
As I missed the back portion of yesterday's show, I decided to watch it this morning and I just couldn't stop laughing my brains and lungs out. When contestant 103519 - General Larry Platt came out to do his own rendition of "Pants on the ground", I rolled on the ground, " pa ling tau" laughing and having a good time. I could have sworn that I've not had a great morning like what I had today. It's been a long long long time since I had such a great morning. It really started my day right! Yunno, General Larry Platt didn't sound awful. He sounded quite good actually but he's 62 years old and he is struting his stuff like he's in his 2o's, man. While many of our 62 year olds would probably be rolling in the graves or having to hold on to a walking stick or support, this man just came on the set, confident and did his stuff. Well, he is famous alright by now by such a brave display for a 62 year old man! I guess, that's they beauty of music - even a 62 year old man can come up with some simple lines for his gig, man. For all of you who missed his performance, go to youtube and see it for yourself. It's original and it's a fun thing for this sweet man. Boy, I will never forget this man for what he did. He has got to be real brave to do what he did on National TV.
Mr. General Larry Platt - I salute you! BTW, it was a great morning and it's good to have a hearty laugh in the morning. It helps to boost your day and get you into a great start mode. " Pants on the ground" , "Pants on the ground", "Looking like a fool with your pants on the ground."..................
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahhahahahaa.

2 comments:

Liz Teh said...

Ah, yes.....nothing beats American Idol. Love the show. But it's hard for me to watch with 2 noisy boys around. Anyway, they've put a twist to the last episode...they go round singing UNDERpants on the ground! Sigh....they are at a difficult age.

A Pinch Of Salt said...

Hey Liz,
Well, boys will be boys and that include their imagination and creativity!~ Better group of vocals this time!~