Friday, January 8, 2010

Changes..

Today, I just want to render my heartiest thanks to friends from afar and near who had been concerned of my family well-being amidst the unfortunate incident which rocked our pivotal faith foundation and our nation today. Yunno, these friends of mine know that I am a Christian and that meant a lot to me. I will stand up and be accounted for as a Christian and be part of the Christian citizen of this country statistic. I was deeply touched when a Muslim friend ( husband and wife ) of mine from my school days called me up to offer his support and concern over what had happened and condemned the senseless donkeys [ that's what he said, actually! ] We chatted for an hour and it rekindle my faith that there are plenty of good Malaysians around except for those who has no regards nor respect for other Malaysians in this beloved nation. From this call, it triggered off other calls from more friends and friends from other religious faith. I am overwhelmed by their support, care and concern. They are truly beautiful Malaysians.
When I went to the church prayer meeting yesterday night eventhough I was quite late, dressed still in my work clothes, I could see men and women of faith praying and petitioning to our Lord to continue to bless this nation of ours. I was on my knees thanking the Lord for His strength in all of us. As the attending people prayed for our nation, the tone was total forgiveness for the perpetrators and also for God, the Father to love and protect the people irrespective of race, colour and creed. We prayed , intercede and petition fo God for calmness and peace to prevail. We prayed for blessings upon the people of this nation and also upon our leaders. There is simply no banners, no posters nor demonstrations here - just the heart and soul of the Christians praying their hearts out for this nation of ours where you and I live in. This is what Christians do - be on their knees, be prayerful, be aware of the needs of the poor and needy, be conscious of the needs of the people around us and to know that God loves us and that we should shine that love to others around us.
As Christians today, I dare say that we have lost our focus in God. We erect buildings after buildings and plunder our financial resources on buildings to contain God when we should helping the poor, the needy and be a blessing to the everyday people on the street. This is a wake up call to Christians to heed the call of God to pray, to see to the needs of the people, to bless our nation , to pray for our leaders and to be a blessing to others. We are called to propel God's love and love the unloved. This is what God have entrusted us to do. We need to wake up from our slumber, complancency, aristocratic living, gangrenic lifestyles, "holier-than-art" attitude and examined our purpose in God. I take heart form this experience that God is doing His mighty works of change. A fresh wind of change is sweeping over us and coming our way. Let us be ready for the change that He brings and may we be blessed in every way.
Once again, thank you, my friends wherever you may be! God bless you, Malaysians!

2 comments:

bear_crawler said...

Hi Ivan,

I'm very concerned about the recent church attacks. Am keeping all in my prayers. Get in touch with me.

Philip Thomas

A Pinch Of Salt said...

Hi Philip,
Great to hear from you, buddy! Thanks for dropping by. Will talk when we see each other. Be blessed!