Sunday, April 11, 2010

SYUEN....

Many years ago, a shrill baby cry hit the labour room in a private hospital and I was there to enjoy that moment. I remembered that the attending doctor, my friend, Dr.Selva held up a beautiful little bundle joy and immediately did all the cleaning up. The nurses then cleaned her up and bundled her into a poignant pink towel. It was the very first time baby SYuen saw light in this world. This was the birth of my beloved daughter, SYuen. I am very proud of her and I still do because she is not only wonderfully given to us by God but she is really a pleasant girl.
I don't know if it's a stupid culture thing or whatever, baby girls are always being treated second best but in my household that NEVER happens. She is not only loved, cared for and nurtured, she has a very special place in my heart.
Though, she was rather a stickler with her mom when she was very young, somehow, I have watched this beautiful baby grow up to be a girl now. I am glad that she has grown up to be independent and have pleasant disposition. I know that many times, her good heartedness and her givng heart lands her into a lot of trouble, ridicule and sometimes being taken advantage of by leechers. I am glad that she has learned this and came out stronger. Like any other teenagers, she is blessed with friends that support her and gave encouragement to her. Her friends in church, school and Royal Rangers ministry have helped her grow to a level of maturity in action and in her mind. The additional encouragement from good friends like Abby, Jessica, Lih Gin, Wan Sin, Bee Ling , Sathy, Vive, Steven, Errol and many others has helped her grow indefinitely. On another note, I just want to express my heartfelt thanks to Jenny L. for taking the initiative and extended a lot of help in ensuring that the birthday gathering a success. Thank you so much, Jenny!
So, to my beloved daughter, HAPPY BIRTHDAY and God's blessings upon your life, girl!~

No comments: