Sunday, November 21, 2010

Cell Group- BBQ Nite.....

Last Saturday, my cell group held our last meeting of the year with a food party. What a food bash it was indeed! There was plentiful of food and the fellowship was fantastic. We had a great time of talking, catching up on each others lives and on-going matters. We decided to have a BBQ party and so, as usual, we all got our respective things to do while my family and I were assigned for the main course dishes. So, I got the lamb, the beef and the chicken wings ready for the grill. Yeah, marinated the lamb shoulders, tenderloin beef pieces plus the chicken wings with Teriyaki sauce, Heinz BBQ sauce and some nice mixture of dried & fresh herbs and spices. The taste - well, should be nice, I guess!
We started out by setting up the fire and soon enough in the expertise hands of Bryan, the fire started out nicely and flaming evenly. Soon, we were slapping chunks of beef, lamb shoulders and chicken wings onto the grill. The charred impressions on the meats were a delight while we also had some "burnt" chicken wings due to the extensive heat generated from the burning embers. Some adjustments and tweaking here and there, soon, more meat were piled onto the makeshift grill. The smell permeates the entire garden that day and those smell are great indeed. Soon, after a short prayer administered by Br. Daniel, our cell group leader, everyone digged in on the food. I could have sworn that I could hear a pin drop as the silence filled the air. Then, it was chomping sound, followed by "hmmmmmnnnnssss" and "aarrrrrrrrrssssss" and some nice complimentary words. Guess, that's the sounds of some hungry and satisfied friends! As for me, I wolfed down some nice portions of medium cooked tenderloin beef and they just melted in my mouth, man! The tenderloin tasted so good indeed. I could taste the sweet and the taste of the mixed herbs and spices that makes the beef pieces somewhat aromatic in flavour!
I guess, the mashed potato, the brilliant concoction from Bryan and the super duper nice garlic bread were a fantastic hit among the cell members. There were plenty of laughter and soon, the liveliness level of the evening just took another top notch. As we chow down the vegetables salad and fruits prepared by Rosemary, we simply had a great time of fellowshipping with one another. We even had Kelvin Teo and Pst.Angeline, our zone pastor plus little Samuel joining us for our makan. It was really fun having shared our meal with each other as we continue to look forward for greater things next year. Our topics of conversation ranges from politics to life style to work and then to what we want to see in the future of our nation. As we cleared up that evening, everyone took a share of the surplus food home and hopefully, we will have more fun in the coming years.
I am thankful to Daniel & Rosemary ( our cell leaders), Jien Lee, Sue Fin, Sue Ern, Joo Kuan & Irene, Bryan, James, Dorin, Alvin, Danny, Joyce, Alvin & Jasmine for continuing to look out for us, constant prayers & encouragement, support and taking the trouble to encourage us with the Word. I just want to say that my family and I have been very blessed and privileged to be able to know each and everyone of them and to have their blessings.
Take a good look at the tenderloin pieces and tell me you are not salivating, my friends! I shall leave the imagination of the taste of the pieces to you. You may stretch your imagination on the taste and after taste of consuming the nicely cut beef pieces.
Cheers and looking forward for more BBQ invitations this month or the next, I hope!

2 comments:

Liz Teh said...

Wah, bro Ivan....sudah at least 3-4 BBQs in the span of 3 mths! Cholesterol must check, oh! :) YES...i drooled at the side of the beef tenderloins! Looks like I'll be looking to you for advice and guidance if the HENG family wanna do a BBQ! :)

A Pinch Of Salt said...

Liz:
Thank you so much for the encouragement. I took only 1 pc of lamb and 3 pcs of beef tenderloins. So , quite "kwai" already.hahahahahahaaaaaa..... No problem on the BBQ for Heng family! Cheers!