Thursday, November 18, 2010

Girlfriend, wife, mother........


Today, I have a confession to make. They say that confession is good for your soul. So, I am going to confess my inner sanctum of secrets. Hopefully, by the end of this article, you won't balked or empty the lunch/dinner contents of your stomach. You see, for 21 years now, I've steadfastly stayed married and remained faithful to one special woman, SLing. We met during our teaching college days and ever since those days, my life was dramatically turned upside down, flipped and flopped 360 degrees.....errrrr.....for the better-lar! [ Hmmnnnnn....you would almost think that I would write something "different", right? Naughty! Naughty! A cold bed is not the way to end up each day, ok? ]
Anyway, for the past 21 years, we've been through thicks and thins of life together. In many ways, I suffered a lot.......... hahahahhahahahahhahaaaaaa............, I lost my "freedom", my fishing time, my late nights, my youthfulistic ways, etc. etc... No! No! I was just joking! It has been a pleasant 21 years of marriage. Like all marriages, we have our strains and tensions but it all worked out well in the end. I guess, I can only safely say for our relationship, patience played a major part in sustaining our sanity. It is definitely not easy to have two completely different individuals with loads of baggages and character traits to come to the table of holy matrimony and pretend that everything is wiped cleaned. I must say that is not the case. It takes a lot of patience, humbling encounters and love to make our marriage works. I am saddened when I read the papers the other day that nowadays, couples marry young and divorce equally quick after their marriage had fizzled out.
I pay tribute to SLing for being that woman of faith when it comes to our relationship. She has been strict with our children's lives and our well-being as a family. She has been pivotal in encouraging me and giving me lots of support during my hard times. I must be the first to admit that SLing had taken care of a lot of things in the home and she had been a good commander at times in our home. While I took care of the mannerism and the etiquette of our family, she takes care of the household matters. I am indebted to her for her loving ways and also, her motivating ways. She can be stubborn like a mule at times but it is just her. The good part of it is that she may be right to be stubborn on certain matters and I would look like a fool for challenging her at times. Well, God has made that part right!
Like all relationship, we are not without our weaknesses and flaws. That's the beauty of our relationship. Together, we learnt to overcome our difficulties with a rational head and a very down to earth solutions - humbleness and the ever-willing heart to say " I'm sorry". I guess, that's what makes SLing and I at where we are today. We may not be rich financially and neither do we crave to be millionaires but we make do with what we have and learnt to live within our means. As for the difficulties in our lives and challenges that comes our way, we take one step and live one day at a time. After all, we'll be having a lifetime ahead of us to solve those little little quarrels and disagreement.
So, there you have it, folks! The sharing of 21 years of my life with this woman called SLing, who is incidentally my most lovable, trusted and caring "live-in" girlfriend, wife, mother and sometimes, maid! Hahahahahhahaahahahaaaaaa......................... Yup, I do have many more days to look ahead with her and I just want to thank God for His favour upon my life to have SLing in my life. That's my confession. Phew! It's a relief!~

No comments: