Sunday, November 7, 2010

Meeting Up....

In many ways, Deepavali celebrations for this year was different. I am used to waking up in the morning and take a good drive down to Banting to celebrate the auspicious day with Sathy's family. Somehow, I felt "lost" in a way not being able to be with good friend and family. Deepavali Celebrations is so much quieter this year than all the years I've known. I guess, tightening of the belt is on the fore again after all the hoohaa over the country's wastages!
Anyway, this time I got the opportunity to meet up with one of my long lost friend, Ravi, whom I have been very close with while I was teaching in Sabah some dinosaur years ago. Well, it was such a great occasion being able to see him. He did not change at all while I have ballooned over the years. My family and I got to meet with his brothers, their families and his mother. It was really good reminiscing the good old days while we were in Sabah. You see, Ravi's place in Tuaran was my solace during weekends. What got us together was the love for hockey. From then on, we played on the same team and managed to bring some good pointers of the game to each others team which we were coaching. It was really fun being with him and he is really a fun person. We travelled quite a bit during those days and it was even better when he got the Mazda 323. Yup! I still remember the day when during one of the heavy downpour, the wipers just flew off and he was driving with one hand while wiping the water vapour off the inside of the windscreen with another!
That day, we shared the nice times of our years there. It was a mixture of serious stuff and some hearty laughs time. All in all, it was a good time catching up with an old friend who doesn't seem to get old and a good time of laughing. As we bade farewell to each other , we promised to keep in touch and to visit each other now that he is back in Seremban for most weekends. Hopefully, we'll catch up with each other and probably meet at a watering hole somewhere for a drink or two. Reality hits that we all have to move on in our lives in someway or another. We do miss another friend of ours and we do hope that he doesn't end up floating in a river or lying down in a dumpster somewhere. Yup, this was a friend of ours who had spent some good years with us while we were in Sabah. I pray that God will lookout for this friend of ours. Afterall, it is the Festival of Lights and Good triumphs over Evil, right?!~

No comments: