Thursday, May 26, 2011

Amazing dance moves...

I just love watching creative dancing competition and "Got to Dance UK 2 " is the right tonic when you want to unwind and enjoy watching some fun dance moves. Of course-lar , I can't do the dance moves coz' if I do it, I might have to replace the floor tiles and what not,man. Moreover, the creaks and tweaks in the bones tell me that it's about time I swallow drizzle in more Anlene milk and twiddle more olive oil into my blood system or else the arteries may just go crazy! Anyway, I had great fun watching Akai, incidentally, he is 10 years old when he won "Got to Dance UK 2009" strut his hip hop bustling moves on the dance floor to the groovy & funky music. I tell you, it is such a delight and the finalists during that year were equally solid in performance but nothing beat this little fella. This time, 2011, it was no different in terms of talents and artistry ( though Astro is still showing the preliminary stage ! ). The talents were so amazing, my friends. It is no wonder that the judges - Adam Garcia, Kimberley Wyatt and Ashley Banjo were having a hard time picking out the talented people out there to go through to the next round and so on. There were so many types of dancing styles out there and I must tell you, the dances are really unique and fun. Of course, there are some "not-so-nice" ones, as usual, but the most important, everyone tried out and did their best. I guess, as I sat down , sipping my Green tea and enjoying the show, I realised that there is just so much hard work, heart , passion and effort put in by the contestants to win a slot and make the final cut
As always, I took the short cut and thanks to YouTube, I was able to watch my favourite act by Chris Donnerly and Wes Clack or simply known as Chris & Wes who mesmerised me with their dance performances during the semi-finals and finale. I must honestly tell you that my jaw dropped and was wide open when I watched their performance. I tell you, these two young people bring humour, good coordination, discipline, teamwork and pure hardwork into their dance moves. I am really amazed by their mix-match songs and dance moves for their performance. This is one classy act to follow, folks! What I am more amazed is that these young teenagers belted out some of the funkiest dance moves, classy humour and sharp routine. They didn't 'lepak', turn into a bunch of terror on the street and name themselves Mat Rempit or Mat Sikal or busy themselves with 'U Siah" or 'Boh Siah" or "Bakul Siah" or whatever with their free time. Yup, these young people got serious talent, trained hard and turned their talent into success rather than landing is a 6'X4' plot and casket!

Anyway, Chris & Wes dance moves during the semi & finale were so impressive and amazing that for once, I could actually enjoy a great evening without having to go out. Obviously, they won the competition-lar! Ooops! I have let the cat out of the bag, didn't I ? Well, just enjoy it as much I have enjoyed watching this over and over again. Have a great weekend ahead!~

No comments: