Wednesday, May 25, 2011

My 'kuda' won.....

I have been an ardent fan of the singing talent show "American Idol" for some time now and seeing the last two finalist for Season 1o - Scotty McCreery and Lauren Alaina belting out their hearts to win this season's crown was truly fantastic and wonderful. Two wonderfully talented teenagers doing things and singing beyond their years shows great maturity and hope for the music industry. Afterall, there is simply just to much junk, loud, inaudible words, incoherent words and even thrashy words in music nowadays that will just turn you off and when good and meaningful country songs are belted out on that stage, you just have to sit up and take notice. I guess, I must say that it was a good change or some will say I am getting older. No matter what, country songs - the fast ones or the slow ones are a delight to the ears!
Though I have not seen the finale show ( will see it tonight definitely! ) that was beamed live this morning, I am delighted to know that Scotty Mc Creery, the teenager from Garner, North Carolina has WON the coveted title of American Idol Season 10 Winner! Yay! For the first time, our ( SLing & I plus Dave & Caleb ) "kuda" won this time. Yeah, we all have our favourites but to see this young man winning the competition was just great. He really belted out some really good songs and he stuck with his country roots. But you know what, I really like Lauren Alaina's last song which was so meaningful and a great tribute to mothers out there. I also liked Jacob Lusk's rendition of Luther Vandross hits. Will probably get it downloaded onto my pendrive when the dust had settled down!

Yes, SCOTTY McCREERY is the winner, folks! Yee-hah!

No comments: