Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Humbling Dinner.....

Today, I wanted to write something about my afternoon experience but somehow God would have His turn of teaching my heart on something else this evening. Many times, I have heard and seen people lament about their lack of finance or lack of this & that while I must also admit that I am guilty of this at times. ( God , forgive my lack of faith and trust! ) I am often reminded in these difficult times, life is hard and we all must make do with what we have. This evening God opened my eyes to see the things He wanted me to see and to feel what He wanted me to feel.
My family and I together with our family friends from Penang ( Vive, Sathy, BA and Jessy ) were looking for a spot to huddle together for a meal at a food court when we came across a servant of God together with his family of 4 young children having a table and an evening meal. We acknowledged this servant of God while BA & Jessy readily got our meals order in place. We weresoon enjoying our hawker fare meals and our good family friends decided to bless this servant of God family by paying for their meals. This is their speciality - the blessings, the warmth - hearted and the compassionate qualities that are constantly shown by these friends of ours. In all honesty, I have been so richly blessed because whatever I have learnt, I learnt it from the very best in Vive, Sathy, BA and Jessy! They are the ones that have shown me what it meant to shower a little love, care and concern which in turn would just flourished and be a blessing.
Anyway, they decided to pay the dinner meal of this servant of God and his family. When BA & Vive called for the bill, the total bill for our meals cost almost RM 40.00 ( food consisting fried ying yong, Singapore bee hoon , fried rice and vegetables for 8 of us! ) while the meals for this servant of God and his family costed RM 14.40. We were stumped and we really felt ...............I just can't describe that feeling. All this while, we really wished we had known and we would have ordered more food for the family or even get a better meal for this family. I guess, that was humbling.
This family had taufu dish ( RM 6.00) , fried eggs ( RM 6.00) and 4 plates of rice ( RM 2.40 ) amounting to RM 14.40 for a family of 6 persons ( 2 adults, 3 teenager and 1 young child ). It was a humbling encounter for all of us, actually. A mere RM 14.40 to feed the family while we continue to complain daily in our lives of "money not enough" and complain through our nose about everything that surrounds our life.What a contrast indeed! It was really a very humbling moment for me and my friends. What a lesson we learnt today and one that I would keep very close to my heart. I have often felt I have done the best I could to help wherever possible but I guess, there is more to be done and more love to be showered to the people. I have learnt a great lesson today and one that will keep me firmly on my feet as always!

No comments: