Friday, July 15, 2011

Unprecedentedly fun....

Yesterday night, my family and I had a good night out for our dinner ( my wife and daughter "belanja" me a meal-lar!). After dinner, we went round Jusco and with no handphone in my pockets ( I left the handphone at home!), it was great. It was pure bliss not having the handphone to ring or tug it along in my shallow pants at times. So, as I walked around and did my usual window shopping, I ended up at the DIY Store. I guess, I am always intrigued by DIY stores and what is in store for pesky shoppers like me who would thinking gazillion times before purchasing anything. I guess, this time was no different coz' there was a salesgirl who kinda "kept" an eye on me after I stood at one section for almost 30 minutes before I decided not to buy the item! Poor girl was so stressed keeping an eye at me. Anyway, as I was walking around the stationery section, suddenly, I noted these yellow smileys magnet tabs - big, medium and small hanging at the rack. 
It instantaneously caught my attention and I immediately thought of my colleagues at work. I deduced that with so much work over the months, we have all been sucked into this world of depressing work atmosphere, grouchiness , mood swings ( Nope, we haven't reach menopause or whatever pause ! ) while tiredness had crept in while our faces, when we get home would give our pet fishes in the aquarium or our pet piglet massive heart attack! Yup! We are like people who are with the prune juice diet program, man!  I am always reminded by SLing and SYuen how "ugly" I look every time I arrived home after work. I guess, I have tried every trick in the book to leave my work problems at the bell hanging at my front door but somehow I am "infected" and hopelessly disillusioned by the work sometimes/all the time. 
Equipped with this constant cynical stares and love reminders from my family, I felt I could ACTUALLY do something good for my fellow colleagues. I know that they are going to think that I have gone bonkers ( it is not that they have thought of that about me ! ) but I think, it is time for a good change. So, I decided to buy a whole bunch of them and it doesn't cost me much at all. Mere RM 10.00 for 5 good packs of mood lifting encouragement magnet tabs. Yunno, when I paid for the items, I actually feel good and excited on what I am going do with it. For the first time in many months, I feel good that I could really contribute something to my colleagues. 
Today, this morning, I did something unprecedented and I am happy I did it. There were three colleagues in the office when I arrived at work. Armed with courage and cheerful disposition ( usually, I am as grumpy ( flies would stop flying! ) and as serious as they are! Sometimes, our work place atmosphere is almost similar to a funeral parlour if you want to know! hahahahahahahahaha.........) , I gave out the yellow smiley magnet tab to each of the staff. They were dumbstruck at first but they then chuckled and laughed. That broke the silence and the doomness of the day! I explained that we had been so sour in our faces over work that even our family members can't recognise us when we got home and so, I wanted to give them an encouragement. Their faces lit up and I knew, I had done my part. I then laid out the rest of the smileys at the tables of the staffs that had not reported for work yet. Yup! Everyone of them got a yellow smiley magnet tab from me. It doesn't matter if I had to fork out extra from my pocket for these colleagues of mine or even wonder what they thought of me. It really doesn't matter.  I guess, their smiles, which will put some facial muscles to work,  says it all to me. Yup, it is a great day indeed!
Hey, I know it sounds crazy but if you can make one of your colleagues smile today, that is an achievement and you no need to jump off the building - MACC will do it for you! hahahahahaaaaahaaaa...................Nope, I am not on drugs ( I am only on Cardiprin, Plavix, Concor, Imdur, Zorcor and Metformin, promise! )  nor on weeds........just plain ol' me! 

No comments: