Wednesday, September 28, 2011

The Voice

Anyone watching the new singing competition, " The Voice" would undoubtedly agree with me that the talents are exceptionally gifted and good for this inaugral competition. With equally talented "coaches" like Adam Levine, Blake Shelton, Christina Aguilera and CeeLo Green, you bet, it's gonna be one great vocal fight. I must say, I have truly enjoyed wacthing and hearing these talents sing, man. AND they can SING, man! Yunno, in many ways, I really marvelled at God's wonderful gift of vocals and musical talents to these people. Of course, like any other competition, you would have some who just would not make the cut but it's a gallant effort though.
I have truly enjoyed listening to talents like Javier Colon, Dia Frampton , Vicci Martinez, Xenia, Beverly McClellan, Thompson Sisters, Angela Wolff,  just to name a few. As usual, the anti-climax is that the competition was held some time back this year and though the winner had been made known through the internet media, it was still nice to go through all the segments of the competition before the finale. Last night, the competition was still the quarterfinal stage going into the semi-finals stage. You know me, I couldn't wait that long, as usual, and so, I did my usual stuff of going straight to the finale with the magical flicker of the fingers on the internet. Viola! I could see the finale and it was really great especially seeing the competitors singing with established singers and their coaches. It was a heart-lighted moment for me. Some of the most beautiful songs I've heard been sung and tweaked to suit the vocals are like " Time After Time", " Stitch by Stitch", " I Won't Back Down", " Stand by Me", " Everyday People" ( this one is truly fun and one spectacle of colors!), " Man in the Mirror" and many others.
I really appreciate good music and I say it from my heart that it can be soothing to our soul~ wouldn't you agree? Have great fun plugging at the music now! 

No comments: