Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Babysitting joy!

I'll tell you this much - I love babies! Luckily the "factory" for my wife and I had "closed operation" for many years and now, we are contented with the fact that we will continue to love other people's babies and children instead. We have two lovely grown up children of our own and if we can raise them to where they are, we are kinda happy. Anyway, last Saturday, we babysat Caitlyn and her brothers, Dave and Caleb. When we were asked earlier by Din & Abby if we could babysit their children over the weekend, SLing and I leapt to our chance to take care of the little ones. Honestly, it would be a great honour and joy to be able to take care of their chidlren. You see, they are really wonderful children while Caitlyn with her curls and what not is just so adorable and heart-warming. As for Dave and Caleb, well, these are my Rangers boys, so, they are by themselves delightful, courteous and nice in their own special way.  

That evening as they arrived, Din & Abby dropped off their 3 little musketeers at our place. As SLing and I ushered the children in, Caitlyn was awake and in her bubbling disposition. We quickly bundled their parents off the door and into their car, waved them good bye as they sped off  to their special evening. We fed the children with the food that was bought by Din & Abby and then we got down to "business" - the games, the laughter, the movies and the footbal match. SLing and I took turns to take care of Caitlyn while she slobbered her saliva on the mattress laid out at the living room. She was really so cute and fun to be with especially her antics of rolling on her stomach and sticking her head up. She made SLing and I laughed as she smiled to us or made baby sounds as we played with her. Hmmmmnnnnnnnn.....suddenly I felt ironically old when mentioning this........hahahahhahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.......

Anyway, with the fan spinning its nice breeze and wind, Caitlyn soon felt asleep and as she laid on her stomach with her hands to the top, it reminded me very much of how our children used to sleep when they were young. She looked serene and calm. Yeah, I am reflected on the fact that we all go through this in our life time and it was a theurapatic thingy for me. Prior to sleeping, I have put Caitlyn in my hands and rocked her to sleep with my Dunlopillo arms and small pats. It was such a joy being able to cradle a baby to sleep and know that she is really such a delight. Yeah! When she is awake, she would squirmed and moved so much but she is an easy baby to take care. We gave her plenty of water to drink and somehow, she was such a good baby and drank the water easily. Easily, she was such a delight to play with or even coaxed her to sleep. However, her salivating ways will be there for a while. T-shirts, hands, handkerchief and matress were slobbered with this pretty girl goodness of saliva! Hahahahhaaaaaaaaaaa...... what a scene! As for the boys, we entertained them with " The Three Musketeers" movie on the IPad and a short scene of " Sherlock Holmes". They were mesmerized by the movie and had a great time lazing atop the laid out mattress at the living room. Realy, both Dave and Caleb are a pair of well-behaved young lads, ridiculously funny but clever little boys. Dave has grown up so much, actually. He is  responsible, polite, humorous and so tanned while Caleb is still the brightest spark as he is - witty, smiley and humorous. Love these two boys!
 
For me, I watched the epic football match between Liverpool and Everton on the telly. Exciting match with exciting children in the house also! What a great night! They boys celebrated the goals as they watched the movie! Terrific multi-tasking,man! Hahahahahaaaaaaaaa............... That night, as Din & Abby came by to retrieve the kids, it was kinda sad to see them leave the house. Kinda miss those tiny tots just like I miss my own nephew, Ryan and my niece, Ashley. Ok! Gotta make time to visit my adorable nephew and niece this coming weekend, cuddled and loved them as I have loved these children all these years! Yeah, the experience of babysitting the children had enriched my life a lot and it feels good to be able to cradle a sweet baby in your arms. Somehow, I still can't understand how some women would just dumped such sweet babies in the dumpster or leave them at the door or in boxes. Seriously, I really can't understand nor will ever understand the so-call logic of baby dumping. Hopefully, one day, as they cradled one of these beautiful ones in their arms, they will understand how beautiful and precious such life had been ~

2 comments:

Abby said...

Thank you so much Ivan, Soon Ling & Shwu Yuen for taking care of our 3 kids..it's a relief and blessing to find great babysitters who'll go all out to make the children's time with all of you so meaningful!! Appreciate your help:)

A Pinch Of Salt said...

Abby & Din,
You are most welcomed! It is our joy to be able to host the children!~