Saturday, April 28, 2012

BERSIH 3.0 - A humble experience....

Exhilarating and humbleness in my heart are the two words I can describe for my attendance at BERSIH 3.0 Rally in Melaka. I am equally thankful to have a great friend in Errol Gan who came along to lend his support for this worthwhile cause. In order to avoid jamming up the town, together, we walked from Jalan Bendahara and headed towards Dataran Pahlawan for BERSIH 3.0 Rally in Melaka. Many have asked me days before the rally why do I want to do it. The answer is simple: We , as Malaysian , had been played over by the government over the years and they have not only instilled fear in us but intimidate us by the show of the government machinery to bully the people. The only way to go forward is through the election votes and if the election process is even rigged, then, this country is doomed for destruction. That is why it is so crucial for this country to have clean elections hence, the word BERSIH. For many days now, there has been a lot of reservation and hesitation from people even in my office for the need to attend such cause. To me, it is always an individual choice but if the cause is good - why not join in, right? I believe in fairness and justice but for a common good rather than individual cause! That's why BERSIH 3.0 is so important for the future of our generations and for the future standing of our children's children. Some people need to learn real hard on this matter.

I am really glad to see so many younger generation of people taking up their places in such march or protest. I must say that I was pumped up days before the event. As usual., I prayed for God's protection upon my life and the lives of those that will attend today's rally. I am so glad that there weren't any casualties while the police officers were great as there were no provocation on the part of the protesters who were present. I am glad that I came for this rally and when someone shoved a banner to my hands, I was totally committed to the cause of the rally. The shouts of "Hidup, Hidup - BERSIH" got my adrenaline pumped up and I love it. For me, I was glad to see young people of all race, age, shape,  size and colours attending to the rally. I even had a photography session with a few Malay youths and lots of young people. 

As I looked at myself, here stands a 48 year old man holding a banner on one of the demands of the Bersih Rally - that was truly a remarkable feeling! I tell you this, I am humbled by the presence of so many people today at the rally. It is a rarity of expression of our rights and I am really blessed. I took pictures and shook hands with people I have not met before. How great can it get? I get smiles from people I don't know. I get the spirit of camaraderie in such a cause. I get people who wants to take pictures and stand up for a good cause. For a 48 year old man, I didn't do badly. I carried my banner with great pride, joy and great conviction. The readings of my banner is truly for all the media people, the journalists right to cameramen, to the editors and to the loving people. I was joyful throughout and I thoroughly enjoyed myself. I really wondered where the older folks had gone. Maybe the threats and the generations of fear deposited in their heads had taken their toll on them.

Anyway, I am just so humbled by the fact that I have made many new friends and humbled that everyone is fighting on the same side for a better Malaysia. I have not loved Malaysia any less but I have gained humility by knowing that we have to get rid and put aside our racist evil behind us if we want to build a greater homeland, our beloved country MALAYSIA. Today, I am proud to be a Malaysian together with our friends from the other races to fight a just and right cause. 

Like I said to a friend a little while ago, I am humbled by the awesome experience. I had no fear and I really feared nothing. This is a right cause and I am very blessed by the people I have met. They had been a blessing in my life today. It just goes to show that we may be diverse in our every day lives but we can come together for a good common cause. Let's build a future for our families and our future generations! STOP the robbing of our future, STOP the racial abuse, STOP the corrupters, STOP the unfair ways!

I say to you this - UBAH ! Repent, change and move forward!     

No comments: