Thursday, April 19, 2012

"Kuda" left behind....

Last night was a shocker for me as Jesse Campbell from Team Christina was eliminated from the reality singing show " The Voice 2 ". I seriously thought that this guy is a strong contender to win the competition. I was flabbergasted as SYuen was as Christina Aguilera announced her elimination choice at the end of the show. Again, this is the new twist to the show and somehow, I do get a little teenie bit disappointed with Christina Aguilera's choice of elimination. I mean, I don't get it. Isn't this show is about finding the "voice" that was the best? I don't think I'll received any bricks if I were to say that Jesse Campbell is definitely a very strong contender to win this competition. His voice is versatile, his vocal range is quite good and soothing - a crooner and a crowd pleaser , I presumed. I don't know if this was a stunt to pull in more viewers to watch the show but with decisions like this, I am sure, they would lose quite a few. Christina's reasoning for eliminating Jesse was quite poor and what gut feeling are you talking about , Christina? I read the comments all over the net in regards to her " defending her guts feeling " and I must say, it was simply just poor excuses. I mean, look at the reaction that came out from the other judges/coaches and the general public. Well, Lindsey Pavao didn't even sing well for that matter while I would think Chris Mann would give a good fight to the competition. To be fair, I really thought that this show is much better than "American Idol 11" because of the massive talents that were scouted and given the opportunity to shine but somehow, it's back to pleasing the producers that network bigwits, I guess. Yup! Randy Jackson would have given Christina Aguilera some lessons on picking the right talent,man rather than letting go good talents. Randy would have said to Christina, " You got it wrong , dude! That's talent right there! You got it wrong! " 

Personally, I think, with Jesse gone, the competition is for Jermaine Paul from Team Blake to win it. Jermaine was superb in his rendition of "Against All Odds " - a Phil Collins number. Over the top, some may say it but I thought he did a great stretch of his vocals, man.  Hopefully, he has many more beautiful renditions to belt out for the competition as it would get fierce with singers from Team Adam and Team Cee Lo coming up soon. But for now, I think, Jermaine Paul is the one to beat together with Chris Mann ( reminded me very much like one of the Il Divo guys! ). Seriously, I don't see Lindsey Pavao ( Team Christina ) or Erin Willett ( Team Blake ) winning this competition but we'll never know until the very end , right?  Hmmmnnnnnnnn.... I would pick Tony Lucca, Mathai (Team Adam ) and Juliet Simm, Jamar Rogers ( Team Cee Lo )  to battle it out for the coming stage of the competition. Don't know if this will materialise but this is just my prediction of the other two teams participants.

Anyway, I am still "smouldering" the pain of seeing Jesse Campbell off the competition. Rats! He was a good singer just like Javier Colon, last season's winner. Very winnable talent, hands down! Anyway, only time will tell who the winner will be but it is still a fun program to watch. Anyway, I was really impressed with all these singers ability to croon out nice songs and tunes, man. Such a delight , actually. My choice of winner - Jermaine Paul or Chris Mann.
May the best "Voice" prevails!~

1 comment:

Abby said...

Yes, I share your disappointment too..was totally shocked when Jesse when eliminated!! I really thought he was an excellent singer and a dedicated single father.