Friday, May 18, 2012

At the movies...

Today, I went on a "date" with my wife and daughter at the movies. It was our way to unwind after a whirling week of moderate turbulence and a lot of decision making crunch. It was a crunch week for us as a family and though we've been worst times, we are just glad that we don't get gutted inside out with the circumstances we are in. I guess, in many way, it was the unwinding period for us as a family. 

Honestly , I am not a fan at the movies in cineplex but when you know the title of the movie is "Avengers", you just wouldn't miss the opportunity to see Marvel comic characters, which were an integral part of your childhood & growing up years come to life, on the silver screen. I remember those younger years where I would just get myself to the Riverside book store as much as possible to read the stacks of old Marvel and DC comic characters that were on sale. Fortunately, the Indian uncle was a pleasant person who would allow me and my friends to browse through the comic magazines after securing our undying and undivided affirmation in not tearing or messing up the comic magazines. He would always tell us that if we tore or made a mess out of the magazines, we would have to buy them. I guess, that was a fair deal as far as I was concerned. We did not mess up while we got opportunity to read football "SHOOT" magazine and "Movie News" magazines and "National Geographic" magazines as the years go by. I was certainly enriched with all the information I could gather from the magazines which I read regularly.  Being a mechanic's son, I read as much as I could though I wasn't really a genius in school, though!  As I recollected my memories, I guess, in many ways, reading at side stalls, riverside book stands and even shops had made my life richer than most would have. Ah! I guess, life was simpler then, right? Occasionally, as I passed the riverside area, I do have a tingled of the flooding of these memories and it really warms the heart a lot. 

Anyway, coming back to the show, it was quite a movie, actually. There were action pack sessions and there were spectacular stunts. Just love the high flying & stunning moves by Scarlett Johannson who was the character of Black Widow while Hawkeye's archery skills are stupendously cool, man. I guess, my favourite  superhero of the day was indeed the Hulk! He was so funny and his smashing and pulverising of the aliens were absolutely hilarious! Iron Man was cynically cocky and arrogant while Captain America was like platonically electronic goody-two shoes! It was all good and I really had a good time. Highly entertaining, action-packed loaded and a fun movie to watch. I must admit that I have my reservation earlier when my wife bought the tickets. You see, she has no clue of where the seats were and so, I guess, it's a lottery. When we got into the movie hall and went to our seats, there was a surround speaker on the wall facing our seat. I told SLing that it was going to be a long night of deafening ears and ear splitting  sounds trauma after the movie. We had a good laugh over it but I guess, it wasn't that loud and so, we actually enjoyed the surround effects of the movie. However , like all Malaysian cineplexes, there would bound to have some fellas who would be talking loudly over their handphones as though we don't know they have a handphone! If that wasn't bad enough, we had a young boy who was practically practising his lungs capacity and also, his running ability as he races from the back to the front of the movie hall. He would then seat himself on the steps of the walkway and the parents seemed oblivious of this happenings. That boy needed a good spanking, I say! 

Anyway, there was once during his shadow competition with Usin Bolt, he tripped and fell but he seemed to have the energy of wildebeest; picked himself up, dust off the compilation of food scraps, dust and whatever material that was on him and continue his "work" of measuring the length of the hall with his miniature measuring steps. The best part was when the movie was over,  this boy's dad asked him if he had enjoyed the movie!!!! Well, macam macam ada, right?

Did I enjoy myself at the movies? You bet , I did. It was a great time spending time with family. Would I do it again....well, RM 5.00 DVD sounds awfully better but that's how it goes when with the family. So, yeah, it was a great night out to unwind.~ Now, where did I put my cape and suit? Honey.......................

No comments: