Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Long "lost" friends....

For the past few days, there has been abuzz of activity in regards to re-connecting to old college mates. I must say, Facebook has helped heightened the joy of re-kindling old friendships. Wow! It was really a good time being able to connect to old college mates. Yes, I really miss those guys but the one I miss the most was my roomate, Ramesh. In fact, Soon Ling and I were talking about him and we really have fond memories of him and his companion [ now his wife ] Indra Gandhi! Yeah! I can remember names and faces while SLing is virtually hopeless in this matter!
Coming back to our good friend, Ramesh, SLing and I are really very fond of this fella. If you don't know him, you'll think that he is one rough & tough dude. The fact that his voice is really deep and husky doesn't help much either. BTW, he plays rugby for college and you can imagine his six-packs then! He is really a very likeable person and over the years, I have learnt to appreciate a great friend like him. There was one incident which will etched in my heart for a long long time and it only goes to show how honoured I am to have a friend like him. Ramesh was my roomate at that time. It was one of our "lean" days and we were both financially crocked but we had enough to buy roti canai and we shared the roti canai together! It was a heart warming experience for me. It was a time where we shared vegetarian Indian rice and so on. Oh! If only I could tell you the goodness this man poured into my life. Like I have always said, I am not here to heap praises or make anyone popular. I only want to write what I felt in my heart! In fact, I wrote to him in his Facebook thanking him for sharing and blessing his life with me. I know I could never be able to repay this man for what goodness he has shared with me.
So, to Ramesh Rajasivam - THANK YOU SO MUCH!
When Ramesh called on Saturday morning and asked me if I was the Ivan from MPLP, I was filled with a great warmth in my heart. I knew I have found my long lost friend. In fact, it was he who found me!~ I thank God that the night before the Saturday call, SLing and I were talking about Ramesh and I kept a silent prayer in my heart that I would be able to contact Ramesh again. God is so wonderful indeed! I give all praises to Him. I guess, it was good to hear his rough and husky voice again! I was filled with such joy in my heart and later, from this contact, I was able to contact my class monitor, Suma and her husband, Saga and many others.
As I flipped the limited photographs I have, a great sense of warmth enveloped me. Oh! How I miss those beautiful days. I Guess, as we grow older, we tend to appreciate life a little bit better than anything else. Sure, we have our quarrels, ups and downs, late nights, discotheque nights and so on but never to harm one another. I guess, that's the beauty of friends. Remembering the good stuff and discarding the bad stuff away. Afterall, life is just too short for us to fret all over again! Don't you agree?~

2 comments:

ramesh said...

I am just lost for words...thank you 4 being who u are and for sharing the roti canai and the numerous packed rice consisting some vege ... wish 2 share another when v meet. Until then ... take care.

A Pinch Of Salt said...

Ramesh:
Thanks, bro. The honour is mine to be able to have a friend like you!
God bless!