Sunday, September 27, 2009

Adrenaline rush - Paintball!

" Two on the right, two on the left" , " Man at the wood!", " Drums!Drums!". These are some of the instructions which was belted out during the adrenaline-pumping paintball game which I had participated. The venue was Flashpoint Paintball Park and it is quite a paintball park. With quite a nice rapid fire arena and a realistic jungle arena, it was indeed a challenging course. Together with Steven, Dinesh and some young people like Stef, JWee, Bryan ,David Teo and JWee's friends, we had some fine time at the course. We also made new friends like Stefan, an Austrian national, former Army Captain, Ben, Irene and a few others. I was really impressed with Stefan who was fully geared up for paintball equipped with grenades of smoke bombs and all the accessories. Then there is Ben and Irene who are regular paintball players who were really good on the field.
Anyway, we started out by having 4 -a -side with me leading one team while Steven led another. We started out at the rapid fire arena and it was fast and furious indeed! Our Tippman markers were spewing out pellets faster than you can say" Go!". It was really fun ; a lot strategy involved and fine team players. Sure! There are some pains when the pellets strike you but that's the beauty of the game - taking your opponent out in the fairest of way. It is just a game but a game with strategy and loads of fun. I remembered at one moment when we were at game with Ben's team in the jungle arena, I was on my belly behind two drums belting out shots at the Yoga teacher! With two shots, I shot him out. It wasn't just charge-charge-charge but more of waiting patiently and taking accurate shots. Anyway, I was taken out by Ben who shot me at the pellet loader! Then, there's the rapid fire rounds and again, against Ben's team. It was really a good game indeed while this time it was more fun and intense. At the end of the game, there was a good round of handshakes and patting on the back. After some rest and drinks, we were back on the arena for another round of fun.
That day when I got back home, I surveyed my body parts and I had a few shots at the shoulder area and the thigh. They were reddish in colour but I reckoned that's the price you get while playing paintball. BTW, the young people played the game much better indeed! Kudos to them! As for the older people like me, I am just enjoying life and the game as much as I can!~

2 comments:

Emily yoong said...

Hello dear Ivan,
Sounds nice and wild and alive.
where's this place?Do they have lesser games for the 'slower' ones? hee.
Emily

A Pinch Of Salt said...

Emily:
Hello! This place is at Bukit Katil, Melaka. Well, it's paintball and it's fast & furious-lar....It would be good to have a good group of friends to play with.In that way, we don't get shot from "friendly" fires!~ Cheers to you!