Monday, September 28, 2009

Snippets of life.....

I constantly marveled at life as it is and how it is presented each day to us. The other day, I was having lunch at my usual place when I caught a glimpse of four people at the next table. Unmistakenly, these are elderly couples with an appetite, indeed! I noted that the couple on the left was more elderly than the couple on the right. Then came the part of ordering the food and these elderly folks really knows how to enjoy themselves. They ordered the house briyani followed by mutton varaval and chicken varaval. The spread on the banana leaf was an array of goodies consisting of vegetables fares, papadam, chicken curry gravy, dhall and some other stuff. After a short prayer, they started "attacking" the food with such vigour. I was amazed that at their age, they are still attacking the mutton and chicken like they are in their twenties!! I guess, I was envious of them in a way but I was just amazed that they could still enjoy the fullest of their lives despite their age. Here I am struggling to get down the food in front of me thinking of the high blood pressure, cholestrol, high sugar-level, blood clot, hypertension and what not! Well, I guess, in a sweet way, I pray that I would one day have the opportunity like the elderly couples, enjoying a plate of briyani and mutton varaval. Now, that would be heavenly, isn't it?
Steven then quipped that he would like to climb Mt.Kinabalu when he is in his fifties. He went on talking about making a milestone of celebration at every 50's, 60's and 70's of our lives. Well, that a mighty fine thought, actually. It would be good to celebrate life that way.
For me, I would definitely like to be at the foot of Mt.Everest [ my lifelong ambition, actually! ] before I close my eyes and meet my Saviour! Now, that's ambition, isn't it?~

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Bro, wanna join the Annapurna Circuit Trek in March 2010? One step closer to your Everest dream...