Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Friends...memories in the heart!

For the past 4 days , it has been really fulfilling days being able to host great friends and making new ones. Of course, the food plays an integral part of it but most of all, simple, honest & great fellowship over a meal is all that really matters, actually. When Vive, Sathy, BA ,Jessy, Kuna & Cheng [ they later left to join Cheng's sister in Cheng ] came by to the house to spend some days of holidaying and food trip, my entire household was really joyful and blessed to have them. These are really great friends. Friends that I treasure really close to my heart. What comforted me very much was their humbleness, their care and most important of all, their loving heart! I pay tribute where it is due because these friends are really gems of life. We will go through life and meet people along the way but finding good friends like these are quite an exception, really.
SLing and I have been blessed with God's finest individuals like these people because they really are simply a joy to be with. To top of the icing on the cake, we also play host to Pastor Lawrence and his wife, Sis.Evelyn [ shy, ever smiling, reserved but a very pleasant lady, indeed! ] from Singapore. Really a barrel of fun and laughter, Pastor Lawrence had us all in stitches and barrels of laughter with his jokes and easy way. We shared some great meals together like dinner at my place over my mom's Hainanese chicken rice [ the day my grandpa met with an accident and I was running around like a mad man ! Phew! ] , breakfast at Tanjong fried mee shop, Tangkak beef noodles , cendol at Banda Hilir and dinner at Sea Terrace at Kg.Portugis. I guess, we had a great time fellowshipping,talking and having fun.
Cheng's sister, Pui Loo and family treated us to a home cooked meal and it was simply awesome. But the one I really enjoyed myself was the fruit drinks and listening to great songs at Me & Mrs. Jones Cafe at Jonker Walk. We were all out at Jonker Walk hoping to catch a glimpse of Cheng's dad singing performance but he wasn't singing in the competition that day! Well, we ended up at the cafe with a great time.
Having beef rendang with lemang and sharing some time together with Lih Gin was equally fun and special. We had great fun of fellowship and we really spend some quality friendship time together especially our teasing and all the others. It was really great just to spend time with great friends.
I also want to thank Praba & family for hosting all of us for breakfast today. The food spread was really fantastic - nasi lemak, idhali, apom, roti canai, tosai, capati, fried mee and fried bee hoon ! Really great breakfast. Thank you so much, my friend!
Oh! Yes! I will not forget the passion, energetic, nail-biting, "kancheongness" and the ruckus we all made during the MU Vs MC match that night! What a night indeed!~
I leave you with this - Friendship is about being honest, humble, caring and it's all about sharing of the heart!~ Thank you, friends!~

No comments: