Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Double CNY Reunion makan..

This year my family enjoyed two CNY reunion makan - one was lunch while the other was dinner. Looking back, it is about almost 20 years now since the last time SLing had lunch with her family members. I guess, due to the fact that CNY eve fell on a Sunday, we unanimously decided that we would enjoy CNY reunion lunch at SLing mom's place in Seremban and dinner at my mom's place. Sorta double bonus for our family.
Reunion makan holds a very special place in my heart. I enjoyed reunion makan a lot especially with the family members. I guess, there is no better time to get every one around except on this auspicious day. Spare me the knives for I know that we don't need any occasion to get everyone together but in our diverse lifestyle today, meeting up everyone of our family members can be rather difficult especially if you have brothers or sisters at four corners of our nation and down south in Singapore. Anyway, my family had a great lunch at SLing mom's place. With Wei, Jade, Ryan , the four of us and mom-in-law, we had a great feast [ fried pomfret fish, abalone & pork stomach soup, arrowhead with sliced pork, vegetables, prawns and Hainanese chicken] though we miss the presence of Ting, Yam and Wei Li. Ryan was at his playful ways as usual but his smiles does bring a lot of laughter in the home. We were really blessed as a family.
After lunch, we drove back to my mom's place to have my family reunion dinner. My mom cooked our normal reunion dinner meal comprising of braised duck, Hainanese chicken, fishball soup, braised pork with mushroom, pork rolls [ made by my sister ] mixed vegetables and the ever potent, Penang sambal belacan paste! My orphaned cousins also came over to join us for dinner. It was good to have everyone around for dinner. We had some lighter moments together and after the meal, we had our usual family chat. It was light, fun and very down memory lane thing! Really great.......... I guess, the one thing that I really miss that night was.....Dad! Really miss him, actually!~ As I got home that night, I reflected the good times we shared as families both SLing's family and my family. I thank God that there is still a great bond between all of ours. In times when families are split and strained through many weird situations, ours just grew stronger and stronger. I am thankful to Wei, Jade & mom-in-law for putting up with us all these years and I am also very thankful to my mom and my family for being understanding, loving and caring too. There is really nothing else I could ask for! I am thankful to God for giving me such wonderful family members!~ Hey, don't wait for ocassions just to tell your family members how great they are and how much they meant to you! Gong Xi Fa Cai, everyone!
The special Dragon fruit & lemon juice concentrate drink! Classy & nice, man!

No comments: