Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Of Love...

For the past few days, my lifetime, faithful and "live-in-girlfriend", SLing had been down with terrible cough, flu and fever. It was different at first as I thought she would recover and bounce back in a giffy after popping Panadol actifast. [ My natural remedy for everything, actually! BTW, I didn't give her Panadol ! She took it herself ! ] However, it was not to be and on Tuesday, she got worst and I decided that it was time to see the man in white, [ Chooy! Not the mortician-lar! ] the Doctor. At first when I arrived home, the children [ God bless them! ] told me that mummy is really very sick and lying in the room. Well, honestly, I was very tired that day after a long day at work but I guess, this lady called my wife comes first before anything else. Like all good wife, she was adamant on not going to see the doctor and so on ; feebly explaining that she will be okay in a few hours but she cuddled up like a sotong on the bed! Anyway, me- the baddie, gave her a short fiery lecture before she got herself ready to see the doctor. [ More out of getting me to stop my "sermon" I would say! ] I tell you, the queue in the clinic was long and honestly, I almost doze off while waiting for SLing to see the doctor. Finally, when we got home and stuffing the medicine given down SLing's throat, it was already well into 11.00pm. That night , I stayed up to take care of her but SLing insisted that I was snoring! Sheesh! Honestly, I wasn't - I was awake because I had used the laptop, catch up on some news and young people's blogs that night!
I did the same for the last few nights and I always ensured that she is alright. Yes! It is never easy to take care of the sick because they can be really "sick"! [ You'll know what I mean! ] But the thing is that she is a part of me - for better or for worst! I must be a fool if I were to say that I was not worried. Well, it worries me not just because she is a part of me but she is an integral part of me - the part that you must have in your life. That is how precious she is in my life. I shudder at the thought of losing her. I know that God is always there to protect her and I am forever grateful to God for keeping her safe and sound. Last night, as I gaze lovingly [ once in a while must be dramatic a bit-lar! ] at her lying on the bed, I felt a sense of love and gratitude because I really really have a good wife. Seriously, one that I really cherished a lot. Like I said so many times, .... Sure! We fight like cats and dogs throughout the year but this is the very same woman who puts her life in line for me everyday- sending the children for school and tuition, getting the meals, washing the clothes, made arrangements for the household repairs and expenses, spending time to talk to me and many other chores. She has sacrificed so much for the family and I am really grateful for her sacrifices. Honestly, she didn't make any big demands/fuss or have very high expectations of our lives together. She is really simple and I like that a lot. Tempers and character ? Everyone has tempers/some funny character and when it flares up, it can become ugly-lar but always controllable! That's the beautiful part.
Yunno, for the benefit of the young people and "not-so-young" people out there, know that marriage is like a covered dish! You don't know what you are going to get and what you're going to expect out of your marriage but one thing you do know ~ marry the right person and make the very best out of your marriage, ok? Like I did !~ Stay faithful, stay loving, now!~

5 comments:

Abby said...

Our love & prayers goes to SL! Get well soon & take care.

howtt said...

"...ending the children for school and tuition, getting the meals, washing the clothes, made arrangements for the household repairs and expenses, spending time to talk to me and many other chores. She has sacrificed so much for the family.."

su ki lang she did so many things so " lu cho mik kai?" kuah tian seen ki?

a very touching "Bala n Shanti" love story. gud n loving stori lah

A Pinch Of Salt said...

Abby:-
Thank you for the love & prayers.
Howtt:-
Thanks for the disc on Bala & Shanti love story! Really good disc! Appreciate it !

Liz Teh said...

Awww.....what a loving post. :) But yeah, will pray for ur wifey (have not met her actually). I'm down with flu too. The bug must be going round again.

God bless!

Liz

A Pinch Of Salt said...

Liz :
Thank so much for the prayers and for the nice comments! Make sure you have good rest and speedy recovery!