Thursday, March 19, 2009

Ah! Half a day rest...

Today, I took half a day off from work as I felt unwell. My body was burning up a fever and I knew I had to pop in some medicine and get a good rest. This I did without hesitation as I know my body well enough that if I didn't get the rest needed , I would be delirious soon. I would probably be calling out some names [ oops! hopefully I didn't do this - must be some horrific names-lar! ] or even making some really funny snoring sounds! Anyway,before hitting home, I had managed to get some work done and this was important to me. Work has been delayed and piled up because of an unprecedented case which takes priority. So, just have to grit the teeth and move on.
Anyway, after popping the medicine from the fridge, somehow Spongebob doesn't look square to me while Patrick looked kinda round. Oh!Oh!It was time to sleep and rest before Spongebob turns white! Anyway, I had some forty winks on the couch and somehow, I managed to rest. This is some simple pleasures that I have not had for quite some time. It was always rush rush and work. So when simple pleasures like sleep is available, you tend to try to get max out of it.
In the evening after picking up JW for tuition, I stopped by a shop to get some music disc. After some time, I got " You're The Inspiration- The Music of David Foster & Friends" plus the "Ultimate Collection of Luciano Pavarotti." As always, I looked into the songs before I get the CDs. I kind like David Foster music which was mostly sentimental and meaningful. Yeah! Most of the songs were kinda way back but I like the music a lot. You know, some how "The Prayer" sung by Andrea Bocelli and Katherine McPhee sounded real good to my ears though many singers had sung this popular song in so many different ways. " Bridge Over Trouble Water" by Josh Groban and Brian McKnight was also another delightful musical arrangements and vocals. I guess, the one that impressed me the most was Whitney Houston's songs " I Have Nothing" and "I Will Always Love You" sung by Charice Pempengco [ on the right ] , a petite Filipino young lady who did a duet with Celine Dion [ received a raving review! ] and a host of other singers billed as the new raw talent singing sensation. Charice has a great voice and power pack vocals. A few clicks here and there brought some interesting things about this petite girl. Anyway, she reminded me very much of our own Sheila Majid, man! A touch of class of their own in terms of powerful vocals. Honestly, I still like our own Sheila Majid better. Like her vocals and like her oozing class,man! As for Pavarotti disc, didn't have the chance to hear it yet. Will probably hear it tomorrow when the cloud clears a little while I get a little better in health. It's an acquired taste of music, so I am told! Like classical music too,actually. They are serene and ........so........... dramatic at times!
Yeah! I've had had a rest that I needed though I really just wish I could get a little more so that I can really enjoy the rest. Well, fat hopes while I'll be back for work tomorrow. Back to the crunchers and reality of work!~ I really despise it at times but that's work that will enable me to put food on the table for the family. It hurts but that's reality. Welcome to the real world!~

No comments: