Wednesday, March 4, 2009

What a shame!

I thought long and hard before I wrote this entry of mine. I know that I might cause a stir here and there with what I am going to say but I want to do the right thing - expressing the true feelings I have in my heart. I am distressed and my heart bleeds reading from Constitutional crisis in Perak to the death of car jacker suspect A.Kugan. To be honest, I am more appalled at the death of A.Kugan in police custody than anything else. No offence intended, I really have some good friends in the police force and I want to be respectful to them too but this case is diferent and I cannot 'tahan'-lar. With the availability of the second post mortem on the cause of death of the suspect, A.Kugan, I find it incomprehensible and distressing at the horrific injuries he suffered while in police custody. Mind you, there has been more deaths of suspects while in police custody than from cow farms for the past few years and this is mighty embarrassing for the police force itself. I would like to state here that I am not condoning the suspect's car thefts acts or his criminal activities and so on but I believe he has the right to a fair trial [ BTW, "fair" is only a word nowadays! Hardly being practise practically - ask the politicians in our country ~ they will foam in their mouths,actually! ] in our court of law today. Yes, if he is found guilty then by all means , he should be sentenced/punished for his crimes like the saying goes, " You do the crime, you get the time! " But this death doesn't make sense at all.
I have asked myself countless number of times, " Does a car jacker deserves to die in that manner?" The obvious answer is " NO". In fact, no one deserves to die until a proper trial is held and that too involves heinous crimes. This is an absolute nightmare for the police chaps! This is also not a racial issue either. It doesn't matter if this person is a Chinese, Malay, Indian, Kadazan, Iban , Sikh, Orang Asli or whatever - the fact remains that NO ONE should die while in police custody! That's the fact! Gosh! There is simply no more safe place in our nation today except for the burial plot we have been keeping for our own, I guess. It is really disturbing for me that such brutality takes place right under the noses our so-call upholders of the law of our country.
As I traced the salient points of injuries sustained in the second post mortem report, I can only see men of hatred, vengence and evil intent inflicting such horrendous & horrific injuries to A.Kugan. The injuries inflicted were not only inhumane but virtually on the verge of physchopathic & disturbing animalistic behavioural pattern. There were burnt marks, contusions and hemorrhage noted all over the front and back of the body. It is a real torture and I am gutted to know that such atrocities and barbaric acts are still prevalent today. These men in blue who abuse not only the trust of the society but of the entire nation are a real disgrace & the actual scum of the police force. I have no doubt in my mind that there are some genuine good, honest and hardworking men and women in our Police force. So, let's not crucify the whole lot of them while these abusers/cowards represent a small portion of the police force. Let's get their leaders instead. Afterall, they wouldn't have done it without the consent of their superiors, right? The common saying "monkey see, monkey do" applies here. For far too long now, the lower ranks are often blamed for their officers mistakes, misjudgement or turning a blind eye. Well, today, let's get their superiors to be responsible for their boys action, shall we? Yunno, for those out there in the force who still practises such primitive ways of gathering information and intelligence, I stand today [ I hope I also have the support from all of you! ] and shout out loud & strong to you - COWARDS! Don't hide behind the cloak of law and pretend to be defenders of the law when you are actually abusing it every which way you can!
For me, I want to put up my hands to the Lord and pray that the Lord have mercy on this nation of ours. I pray too that the Lord would heal our corrupt, selfish and chaotic nation. I pray too for justice and order to prevail!~ By God, I want to live and die peacefully in this nation of ours - definitely not looking for an accelerated dying process like A.Kugan!~

4 comments:

howtt said...

wow! wow! SU KI LANG power is back!

not with 1 but 3 articles just over

the day. Dat's the way you do it!

Ah ha! Ah ha!

In life, there r ups and downs.

There r times, u need a nudge from

ur bro. A little nudge goes a long

way. Hidup! Hidup Hidup Hai Lam

Lang!

blhc said...

its the few rotten apples in the bag...about time they open the bag and have a good look into it!

IGGY / JERRY said...

Well written bro. If you go to the CIA HQ in US, these are the words that will greet you in the main reception hall, " You Shall Know The Truth, And The Truth Shall Set You Free". It also turns my feelings upside down going through whats had happened these last few days especially in Kugan's case and also in my beloved kampung, Ipoh, Perak. The nations needs prayers bro. Cheers.

A Pinch Of Salt said...

howtt:
Thanks for the encouragement. Appreciate you for encouraging me.

blhc:
Yes, let forget the few rotten ones! Let's pray for the good ones~

iggy/jerry:
Thank you,bro. You have my utmost respect~ God' peace & calmness in your heart, I pray! God bless you, bro!