Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Overwhelming Tiredness...

I just received a call from a good friend, Rob asking me on why the silence over my blog. I just want to thank this friend for his gentle reminder that the Lord is our strength. It is not that I do not have ideas on what to write but I am simply too tired to even want to start. Day and night I've been staring at the computer monitor at my work place and it does wear you down at the end of the day. This is not inclusive of squeezing & strectching my brains to the maximum on how to write a good & just report and also to rack my brains for the right & balance figures. This is not including the cold stares, foul language and curses that comes along with it. Sometimes, I do feel the brunt and hazards of my work. Geez! At least, I still have a job, right? BTW, it has been a tiresome week with a major fire loss in Melaka town and Pagoh recently. I guess, a lot of time is spent on these sites and they simply wears me down because of the preliminary work load.
Honestly, I am not complaining about my job. That's the nature of my job. Some call it "living on people's misfortune " while some call it " a gold miners' occupation". You can call it whatever way you want but it's still a job. Sometimes, the demands of the job gets to you. You've gotta get things done before you can call it quits for the day. I will put up my hands and say it straight that I am not an ambitious person in the working order hierarchy. Status or position don't matter to me and I don't crave for it unlike a lot of people in our working environment today. [This is not the reason why I am working late,ok? ] At the end of the day, it's the pay packet which I bring home to feed the family is the only thing that matters to me. I would never go to the extent of pulling down my fellow colleagues for some stupid jump in the "dog eat dog" working world we have or for a fistful of dollars. That's not my style. I am more dignified than that. I would prefer to do an honest job and though I may be called a nitwit at the end of the day, I would still be a happy nitwit because I have done my fair share of work. I guess, in many ways, working with integrity, honesty and with a good heart is important. I always try to help out my colleagues in whatever way I can and I am never stingy in giving an idea or helping people out. BTW, my colleagues are a bundle of fun with a mixture of craziness, crankiness and a high level of explosives! Yeah! They too have to put up with my 43 year old tempers! I guess, in many ways, helping my fellow colleagues gives me a fulfilling feeling.
Over the years, I have done my fair share of travelling on the road for work and also to do a lot of preliminary works for various cases that I do. It's tedious and tiring. Nowadays, I am already quite tired by the time I get home. I guess, in this difficult times, having a job right now is far better than anything else. Oh! Yes! Be very prudent with your spendings. Cut back on luxuries and spend only on neccessities. [ BTW, the real financial crunch is coming! Don't let the Gomen fool you into thinking that everything is going alright, rosy and sweet. Be prayerful and watchful, always!]
Today, I am totally tired to my bones. Hopefully, I can recover soonest and get some really good rest. Afterall, 43 isn't really spring chicken, yunno! Cheers!~

No comments: