Monday, November 16, 2009

20 Years...Love never fails!

Well, folks! SLing and I have done it! We have just celebrated 20 years of goodness, a heart full of love and a passion for one another in our relationship as husband and wife. [ Thank God, we didn't try to murder one another! Hahahahahaha..... ] In todays' standard, being married itself can be a challenge but yunno what, we have done it. I say this not because I am arrogant or whatsoever but just a great reminder for us to remain faithful and true to our marriage vows. I guess, I must say that I take my marriage vows very seriously with SLing. I must confess too that after all these years , I am still madly in love or sometimes driven to madness with this woman! Never mind if it gives you the goose pimples or cold shivers but that's the honest truth. I know that we have not had everything smooth over the years but we both got through the thick and thins of life...together. That's what makes it all more worthwhile. They always say that people will not understand what a couple has to go through until you go through it yourself. This is especially true indeed!
I still remember the waking hours we took care of each other when either one of us was sick, taking care of the children's needs and sometimes, the quarrels we go through as a couple. To be honest, we realised that many a times our quarrels are not about ourselves but of other people. So, we learn along the way to look into ways to improve our relationship. I must confess though that most of the time, I am the one who would apologise in our tense situation. I guess, saying sorry does help to defuse the situation a lot. I guess, in a way, it helps me to have a good night sleep rather than the thin mattress on the flooring! But sometimes, I am as stubborn as a mule when I know that I am right and I don't mind the thin mattress! So, you win some and you lose some battles!
SLing is a wonderful woman and I am very proud of her. She has been a encourager in my life and a great mother to our children. She is very direct and my greatest critic, I guess. She is also my able partner in life. While I am no good in my finances, she is like the banker who recalls loans in a merciless manner! The one thing that made our love strong is because we truly care for one another. That is the most important thing in our relationship. That includes being truthful and staying faithful to one another. Please do not mistaken this for blind allegiance because blind allegiance is not in our vocabulary. We do not condone cover-ups nor believe in sweeping things under the carpet. A yes is a yes while a no is a no. I guess, what I like most is we constantly discuss our issues before deciding in a lot of matters. Yes, we do have clashes of ideas and so on but this is only natural in any couples. Other than that, we really love one another. That makes our relationship unique and a whole lot of fun!
So, as we celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary on 15th November, I just want to say that we really look forward to our next 20 years together!

No comments: