Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Bitter Sweet ..

I had a bitter-sweet day yesterday but I want to move on in my life. The first part of the day was horrendously wrong and bitter while I finally learned what it meant by management in the worldly standards. I was terribly pained up to the roots of my brain on what had happened and I just couldn't comprehend why God simply allows things like that to happen. [ I never will understand anyway! So, I'll keep it in a box and send it up to Him but you can be assured that I will DEFINITELY ask Him one day! ] I guess, people like me and bunch of "down the food chain line"people are constantly sandwiched between doing the right thing and saying the right thing. We have been numbed in our brains that we are fearful to speak because our livelihood is at stake. The Chinese used to say that it is like having your nuts not just squeezed but twisted between your legs. So, we are constantly being battered , bruised and often wounded in our every day clamour for some fresh air away from the foul stench of management politics, "safe-myself-first" polemics and position jostling games. I must stress though that I am not fearful of saying what I need to say and I am not ashamed of what I do. I guess the phrase , " Evilness triumphs when Godly man/woman does nothing " gives me a whole new perspective of what is happening in our lives each day. We may not win the entire war in our lives but finding our feet to win some small battles can be worthwhile. After all, every dog has its day, right? For those out there who had a bitter day, stay strong that HE is watching and He knows every tears and pain in your heart. Never mind if someone just push you down the ladder or even had bad intentions over your life, know that HE is in control and your silver lining above the clouds are just around the corner. After all, the Lord's word says " Vengeance is mine.", right? So, even in hardship, choking environment and hostilities around us, we just focused on HIM alone and we'll get through our days.
Sure , you can wreck havoc or probably chopped off a few hands and legs, then what? You'll be back to square one and be exactly at the point you were in the first place - defeated and in greater trouble! I may not be the very best of human being in this life but I have learned to trust my Father in Heaven more than anything else and more than ever before. But after all being said and done, I am still a human being and being human means living through every available humanistic emotions and behavioural pattern. We can't run away from all these emotions but the least we can do is to cushion the impact of the pain by resting in Him and recover from our scarred battles.
As I sit at my table today, I had a great look at the present my children and wife gave me a long time ago. The decorative stone slab says " Be watchful, stand firm in your faith ,be courageous, be strong. - 1 Corinthians 16:13 " I grasped it hard and put it near my heart! You'll know how I felt!~ Good day ahead, everyone!

No comments: