Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Friendship Found...

They say that seeing an old friend kinda make thing sweeter when you are in your R&R mode and how true it was! I had the opportunity to meet up with a good friend of mine which I had lost contact over the years. To be exact, it was about 21 years now since we last met and departed our separate ways to journey into our teaching lives. But somehow with the ever helpful FB, we were communicating and we then made plans to meet up. As I was driving up to Penang in my R&R time, I made arrangements to stop in Taiping to see this friend of mine. Thrilled by the prospect of meeting one another after such a long time and the anticipation to see how we had got on in our lives, it made my driving to Taiping much fun. After exiting Taiping Utara toll, I met up with my old friend who came in his motorbike and his youngest son as pillion. We exchanged good handshakes and spew out great stuff before leaving for his home. It was a short drive but the roads were horrendously filled with potholes and uneven surface plus the long queue of vehicles trudging on in that road. Soon, we arrived at Ramesh's home and it was of course, a real delight being able to meet up with Indra, Ramesh better half. We met up with the three children and we chat up nicely.
It was really great to see Ramesh, the great guy again. Though we both have aged tremendously but I am so happy to be able to see Ramesh and Indra. Beautiful place to stay and a great family. As we chatted on the lives of our other friends, it was good to know that they have moved on in their lives and Ramesh filled me with info in regards to our friends. I laughed out aloud on all the things said about me in regards to my career change and so on. The misinterpretation on my current status of work and my life. Well, it was also equally nice to turn back the clock to all those times we shared during our teaching college days. I will not forget Mr. Ramesh a/l Rajasivam for all the good things he did for me. He is one of those guys that you will respect and learn to appreciate in your life. Always with a big heart, unpretentious and "what-you-is-what-you-get" person. He is greatly complimented by having a wonderful wife, Indra beside him and raising 3 children. I am truly blessed to have met him and to be able to spend some time with the family.
I guess, I really miss the time I can share and talk with good friends and have a hearty laughter or two for that matter. Really wish we could have all our brood of "jing gang" to join in for a time of laughter and catching up. All in all, it was good to be able to meet up with Ramesh & Indra. I am very proud to see him achieving what he had hoped and what he has built all these years. Anyway, Ramesh tried calling another classmate of mine during our college days, Suresh and Jini but no one picked up the line. So, we'll meet another day, I guess. Though Ramesh and Indra invited me to put up a night before proceeding to Penang, we had to decline their gracious offer as I had to rush that day because I had an appointment with my sister and friends in Penang. I would really love to spend a night with them but I guess, we had to go reluctantly. Anyway, now, my family and I have another destination to go whenever we are going north for our rest! Praise God for friendship found! BTW, I do love Taiping too though she has been far too long labelled as "Retiree Town". Hmmmmnnnnnn...... that explains the extra soft dim sum fare, isn't it?~

No comments: