Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Birthday fun....

Today, 18November is my wife, SLing's birthday. It is really wonderful to have been married to this lady for 20 years now and today is indeed her big day indeed! I am ever grateful to God for His mighty protection and love upon SLing and granting her day of reckoning. She is cheerful and happy as usual though she complained of being tired easily nowadays. I just tell her that age is catching up and that our body metabolism rate will fall further as we aged but the heart must remain strong though! I told her in no unspecified terms that there ain't any spare parts available for parts of our body and so we need to be wise and careful at times.
Anyway, our good friends Abby & Dinesh invited us to a family dinner at Amigo to celebrate their son, Dave Nathaniel Louis birthday! As Dave's birthday falls on the same day as SLing, it's double fun and double celebrations. So, while we were in Amigo, we had a food fest of Western food and we had good company in Sarah & Nelson, Abby & Dinesh plus Dinesh's mom, children Dave & Caleb and the maid. It was a fun time at the food outlet. Our topics ranged from food to politics and then to fishing and eating game meat as in wild boar, mousedeer, fishes and so on. It is easy to feel at ease when you havethe right company to exchange views and ideas.
I must say that I was feeling a bit under the weather today but I don't want to put my wife down or even worse, upset her. Afterall, it's her day and she deserved a good deal from me. Like I have said many times, she is really one good woman for me. I guess, I must say she's a real gem amongst the many. As for Dave, he's the man! Quiet, quacky & wacky at times but one caring dude! It is always fun talking to him and playing with him. This year he got 3rd placing in his class. For all the young girls out there, Dave is still single but the wait can be quite long though. Well, you can place your bids with me when it comes to pairing him off someday. Great day for everyone! Cheers !

No comments: