Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Superhero Night 2009

As a Royal Rangers Commander, running a Council of Achievement event is probably one of the most satisfying happening. It is time of sharing the Ranger boy or girl achievement for the year long toil. As a commander, it gives me a lot of pleasure when I see the boy or girl receive their awards for their achievement. I guess, it is very satisfying to see the parents being proud of their children's achievement while for the commanders, it is another long , hard and challenging year coming to a close! It is not that they are complaining but as the year goes on, weary and tired bodies plus the increasing number in age soon took the toll on the not-so-young bodies of the commanders! Laugh all you want but I can't lie to you in regards to this fact. Anyway, it is really by the Grace of our Lord that we are able to perform our duties in ensuring the children are instilled with the richness of the Lord!
Coming back to the Council of Achievement, the theme was "Superhero Night". What a night it was! The young leaders together with the upcoming leaders helped to put decorations and beautiful effort to make the event a success. I especially like the Batman signal which was beamed to the wall using the OHP lights! That was really nice! I guess, I am very proud of their efforts and all the hardwork. Praise God , everything went on smoothly while we had plenty of Batmans, Supermans, Aquaman, Hancock, Jimmy Neutron, Robin Hood, Tinkerbell, Spidermans, Princess, Mario Brothers and a long list of Superheroes character during the event. It was really fun and that night really belonged to the children and their awards. Me? I dressed up as modified GI Joe and I loved every minute of it. The food was stupendous and we had plenty of extras at the end of the day. I guess, this is the trademark of a Rangers function - plenty of food and plenty to bless too! Oh Yes! I just want to thank Sis.Angela for blessing the children with wonderful backpack gift as we close for the year. It really brought a lot of cheer to my heart when Sis.Angela called me days before the COA that she would like to bless the ministry with some gifts. I must say that the parents had been very supportive all these years and I can never thank them enough. So, to all the Rangers parents, a big THANK YOU for your wonderful support , love and prayers.
To my fellow foot soldiers a.k.a. commanders, THANK YOU once again for your dedication, commitment and love. It is really a great pleasure working with all the commanders - be it young or old! I guess, that's one culture that has been kept alive for such a long time and it's a good tradition indeed! For as long as I could remember, once you're a Rangers commander, you'll always be a Rangers commanders wherever you may be! Yes, the responsibilities and the burdens are heavy indeed but with the Master Ranger as your guide, you know that you're on familiar territory. I just pray that may you be a blessing wherever you may go one day! If one day, should the lights be snuffed out of my life, I would not hesitate to tell God that my life had been fulfilled and satisfying as I have worked with the finest and greatest individuals called the commanders of RR Melaka # 1, that's for sure!~

No comments: