Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Green Book Recipient....

Hilarious was the word I would use when I went over to the polyclinic to get my blood test results. Yup, officially I am now part of the "green book" holder and part of the statistics for diabetics! Hmmmnnnnn......somehow, I am gonna miss consuming all the po-po keropok, sweet cakes, potatoes and the energy giving carbs! Look... I am not going to brood over what I had gone through. I've been through worst and I'm gonna be okay. Anyway, coming back to the polyclinic, I got my result from a pleasant looking lady doctor who was constantly in stitches and laughter because I really gave her a "hard" time. Well, I knew before hand that I would probably fall in this bracket for a while and so, I was ready for it. Probably I was down a little bit down coz' deep down in my heart , I was hoping that I would have a good results but my early morning blood test and pressure done in the home wasn't that encouraging. So, I guess, might as well be happy rather than being buoyed by depression later on. Anyway, the doctor was nice enough to tell me that she wasn't going to prescribe any medication for me but she was hopeful that I would lose weight and exercise further. I wanted to stand up and show her just how loose my pants was after about 3 weeks of "controlled" diet! [ Misai kucing drink, EYS vinegar, apple cider, oats, vege, vege and more vegs! ] For those of you think that I won't be daring enough to do this.....well.......think again or ask my good friends, Vive & Sathy! I am sure they have plenty of stories to tell you on the pants thingy!
Anyway, I had to attend a counselling session on diabetics with a sturdy and gruffy voiced lady! Again, we both ended up in stitches as she was equally humorous person. She went on to encourage me to drop my weight to 60kg. BTW, I am at 83kg as of today. So I have another 23 kg to go. Impossible? Well, I'll give it a try. Afterall, it is calculation based on the BMI and sometimes it isn't that accurate. But losing 23 kg would be an idea thing ,man! So, I told the nurse that I have 23 engraved in my head! Not the 23kg but the very 23 food I must eat before I konked off from this world-lar! My ultimate No.1 food I must eat before I kick the bucket is to consume a whole roast suckling pig! Yummy!Yummy! Any sponsors?
Anyway, it is harrowing enough to go through the day with the work you do and the things you've gotta to take care , so why load more stress into your already congested head and heart, right? That's why I am taking a different stand altogether to fight this! I just want to be happy, eat right , exercise ,take care of my family and died with a smile on my face one day. No point stressing yourself out , pull out your hair or even cram your belly with all the stuff that is recommended by quack doctors ( usually friends~!) in regards to your sufferings and the things that may cure you or this and that syndrome!
Like the good elderly nurse told me, "Uncle [ Yup! That how they addressed me!! ], be happy. Senyum selalu. Makan betul dan exercise 30 minit setiap hari. Jangan stress. Hidup mau happy,ok? "
That's a mighty fine advice , as far as I am concerned!~

2 comments:

blhc said...

23. i did that. take awhile though. may get stagnant at certain ponits. but the key is to continue.

A Pinch Of Salt said...

Bryan,
Thanks for the encouragement,man! I certainly see some physical changes! Six packs coming soon!