Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Chicken Tika.....

As today was a holiday, I thought it would be nice if I could try out a new food recipe for the family. I have had this thing to do a Chicken Tika for some time now and so, I went out to get the ingredients ready for the dish. BTW, I got paprika and garam masala from Arjunan & Sons shop at Jalan Kubu some time back ( about 1 week ago -still vacuumed packed & fresh ) and so, it's gonna come handy today. I managed to get the drumstick part of chicken and all the other stuff ready for this culinary adventure. I cleaned the chicken parts, added a pinch of salt and bathed it with a good squeeze of lemon juice. Then I strung up the other ingredients such as paprika, garam masala, plain yogurt, turmeric, cayenne pepper, garlic and ground pepper in a bowl. Put them all into a plastic zip lock bag, moved it about to get an even coating of the marinade on the chicken drumsticks and ziplocked it. Then it is off to the refrigerator for some good time of resting and marination. All this while, SLing was preparing dark-sauced braised pork [lor bak- Hokkien ] with tauhu & eggs. We're gonna have a dinner feast today.
At about 6.00pm, I started the fire at the clay stove at the back and it was hardwork I tell you. Gotta get fire going without the fire starter and so, I did the next best available thing - use the candle to start the fire and it worked. Soon, I took out the marinated drumstick and got them ready on the grille.The first readied chicken piece looked charred a bit but still okay for eating,man. The taste......quite nice, actually. JWee and SYuen were my official food tasters and so, I sought their comments. They gave me the thumbs up and that means it is edible food! So, here we go again, another successful modified food recipe for Chicken Tika and a fun time with SLing at the charcoal fire. A day of rest and a fruitful day of food! What a great combo!~
For families out there, try out something new for the family especially in the food department. You'll never know how much it'll mean to your family and how it can bring closeness to your family. Sometimes doing new things ain't bad especially when it involved the belly!~

No comments: