Wednesday, August 4, 2010

My Creed..


To live as gently as I can
To be , no matter where, a man ;

To take what comes of good and ill
And cling to faith and honor still;

To do my best, and let that stand
The record of my brain and hand;

And then, should failure come to me,
Still work and hope for victory;

To have no secret place wherein
I stood unseen to shame or sin;

To be the same when I'm alone
As when my every deed is known;

To live undaunted, unafraid,
Of any step that I have made;

To be without pretense or sham
Excatly what men think I am;

To leave some simple work behind
To keep having lived in mind;

If enmity to ought I show,
To be an honest, generous foe;

To play my little part, nor whine
That greater honors are not mine;

This I believe is all I need,
For my philosophy and creed. ~ Edgar A. Guest

No comments: