Sunday, August 1, 2010

Precious and profound 25 minutes....

Immediately after the Royal Rangers weekly meeting today, I was chatting with my good friend, Dinesh when Sis.Sharma who was passing by my table asked me if I would like to listen to the sermon given by a notable invited guest today. When she mentioned the name, I immediately recognised the name and as my eyes lit up, Sis.Sharma knew what I was thinking and she told me that she was looking for me but could not find at that time and that is why she is telling it to me now. I excused myself from my conversation with Dinesh and headed out to the multi-purpose hall where this man of God was preaching in the BM language. Along the way, Sis Sharma was telling me that I have about at most another 25-30 minutes of sermon listening before it ends.
I immediately pulled up a chair and seated myself next to our BM pastor, Pst. Alfred. There were about 25 of us in the room listening the message. How I wish this hall would be packed with people who are hungry for the Word from this man of God! As I listened to the sermon, I was really blessed. The salient points of the message and the emphasis of the word of God on forgiveness, true repentence, dealing with anger, the road to heaven and hell were raised and precise answers according to the Word of the Lord were eloquently given. Yes, I understood what was said perfectly though it was in the BM language. I wasn't wowed by the personality that presented the Word of God. It was the conviction and the way the message was presented that wowed me, actually. I have heard of this man of God whose testimony on the goodness of God on his life had saved many people for the Kingdom of God. I came in not to see this man of God or be awe by his fame but I came in to hear the Good News he brings! It was indeed a privilege to be able to hear this man of God speak. What a privilege ! As I sat there listening right to the end of the sermon, I was encouraged and I was blessed by the message. I didn't take the time to stop by to shake his hand as my children was waiting for me after a long day at church. I really wish I could shake his hand and tell him how wonderful the last 25 minutes had been for me. Well, I pray that I would have the opportunity again to meet him and to speak to him again, probably in the field one day!

2 comments:

Liz Teh said...

eh, got RANGERS ar Sunday? i checked the calendar...takde. Oh no!

A Pinch Of Salt said...

It is okay. Liz. My fault, actually. Did not mark it properly on that day when I did the calendar. My apologies!